Freshman Year Checklist: The Mistakes to Make
Written by Bwog Staff
freshman first-year, there are certain mistakes you need to make and times to have before those two semesters end. So as this first semester comes to a close, Bwog decided to compile these essentials so that you don’t miss anything big. There are
The distinctly freshman
- Mistake your first friends at Columbia (NSOP) for your best friends…
- Find the love of your life.
- Realize that wasn’t the love of your life and college isn’t like in the movies.
- Not really realizing that you might need to work for once in your life..
- Assuming Butler is the only library.
- Almost forgetting to sign up for a PE class
- Be THAT freshman at a party (but only once)
- Have CAVA (or whatever it’s called nowadays) on your speed dial.
- Walk to Battery Park and back overnight (trust me, it’s dope)
- Discovering the third floor reading room in Diana
- Come out as ___________
- Break up with your high school boy/girl/humanfriend
- Awkward first office hours
- Get really excited about the dining halls
- …(one week later) HATE the dining halls
- Figuring out Joe’s is easily a two minute walk from Milbank or Diana
- Go to Deluxe’s five dollars burger nights
- Make friends with the halal guy on 115 near Schapiro
- Midnight Breakfast (you get in first being a first-year, hollah)
- Big Sub
The things that will most likely continue well past your first year
- Actually going downtown one night instead of just staying in MoHo
- Missing your L-course sign-up time
- Panicked first email to a professor for an extension
- Panicked second email to a professor for an extension
- Be homesick.
- Think about transferring.
- Gain weight.
- Combine drinking and studying by getting drunk in one of the secluded rooms with your friends. Multiple times.
- Go crazy.
- Be irresponsible.
#1 Columbia student and well-rounded individual via Shutterstock.
Tags: always panicking always emailing professors, bwog is certainly not drinking in the dorms especially not the freshman dorms, class checklists, midnight breakfast tonight beware, momma bwog wants you to have a prosperous social life and lots of fun, the dining halls will slowly kill you, transitions in your life and big big changes, you haven't been to absolute yet what, you're becoming a grown human!