Best of CUNIX Homepages

The first assignment for many students taking Adam Cannon’s Intro to CS class is to make a CUNIX homepage with the basic requirements of a few links and a picture. Bwog’s resident script kiddie Kevin Chen wrote a program to see which UNIs had websites—here are some people who went above and beyond.

My Little Pony + cloud messages = wat

twa2108-pony-speech-bubbles

It’s so delicious and moist.

yx2215-shitty-cake-recipe

An odd tribute to UMich’s f-word team.

tfk2105-michigan-football-tribute

A website that helps you find buffalo wings.

snv2105-buffalo-wings

Now this is just creepy.

sm3210-edward-twilight-tribute

Not only did the author write an article on New York murder for Spec, she also made it her homepage.

rld2133-best-of-new-york-murder

Don’t look at the next image. Resist the temptation.

pwp2103-temptation-links

The resume of an experienced aromatherapist and sandwich artist.

jjp2162-fake-resume

And finally, the homepage that started it all, a tribute to 3D Doritos.

els2178-3d-doritos

• no joke says:

@no joke Requiescat in Pace 3D Doritos. Gone but not forgotten.

@Anonymous The tag is wrong–it’s 1004, not 1007

• en2256 says:

@en2256 Mine’s way creepier

1. another 1004 student says:

@another 1004 student OK, I gotta admit, that’s pretty great.

My page didn’t make the cut, but I don’t really care. I had a ball making it and it looks like these guys had fun with theirs too. I’m glad we were all chanelling the spirit of Geocities. Shine on you beautiful diamonds

• nerd says:

@nerd how did you get lots of UNIs?

1. Kevin Chen says:

@Kevin Chen Join Bwog and I’ll tell you all of my secrets. Sundays at 7 PM in the Lerner SGO.

If you are interested, we’re currently looking for an ESC Bureau Chief and Associate Publisher http://bwog.com/2014/02/17/submit-your-associate-publisher-app-its-due-tonight/

• can anyone with a uni make a site? says:

@can anyone with a uni make a site? dying to mke a silly one of my own

1. zack newman says:

@zack newman @can anyone with a uni make a site?:

Yes, absolutely! Just upload all of the content of the side to CUNIX in the `public_html` directory of your home folder.

If you don’t know how to do that but still want to put up a site (warning: shameless self-promotion ahead), come to ADI’s Cookies and Code in Lerner 569 at 10pm on Wednesdays and we’ll help you out :) Or you can take 1004.