Some Questions For Our Administrators Come Winter Break
A few questions for those at the helm of the University this holiday season. Preferably to mull over during family dinner.
Of President Bollinger, we ask:
- How exactly will Columbia be a “good neighbor” in Manhattanville?
- Will you call the cops on us every time we congregate in groups of three or more?
- How will you create community among students who feel so divided and hurt by their status or identity?—racial, sexual, economic, social, or otherwise?
- How many more students could join the Class of 2018 if we were to direct your $700,000 raise toward financial aid?
- Will you attend any of the spring’s town halls, maybe field a few questions on sexual assault policy at Columbia? We’ve really missed you at the past few town halls!
- Are we global enough for you?
Of President Spar, we ask:
- What’s the point of expending millions on a new library when your students hardly have a place to live?
- Is Barnard’s consideration of trans* students really such a “complicated issue”?
- How likely is it that every Economics major at Barnard might receive an internship with Goldman Sachs? We hear you’ve got connections!
- Could we maybe start a Barnard fund for bikini waxes and blow-outs?
- JJ’s Place? PLEASE?
Questioning_authority_dot_jpeg via Shutterstock.