Do you want to work in a newsroom held together mostly by an internal listserv and snacks from Trader Joe’s? Do you have what it takes to be witty and comical on demand, yet also able to immediately cover breaking news at any moment? Do you want to write news without selling your soul for work study that never materializes? Do you desire journalistic independence from Columbia, so that your writing can escape the university’s (informal) censors?
Well you’re in luck, because Bwog is accepting new Daily Editors for the 2017-2018 school year. As a Daily, you’ll essentially be in charge of the whole site for one day each week, writing and editing articles, scheduling posts, and yelling at lazy staff writers and editors who haven’t finished their pieces yet. It’s a lot of power, and Dailies as such are the cornerstone of the entire Bwog structure. You’ll also be able to put “WordPress” and “basic HTML” on your LinkedIn skills, attend our notorious DWBs, and reenact our favorite LitHum text—Symposium.
The application, which is included below, is due by 11:59 PM on Friday, September 15th; email your apps to email@example.com. Have fun, kids.
- Tell us about one Bwog post you liked, one post you didn’t like, and why for both.
- What is your favorite tag?
- Come up with three sample post ideas that you would like to see on Bwog.
- Draw Bwog.
- Why do you want to join Bwog?
- What do you think Bwog is?
- You’re taking Bwog out on a date! What would you do? Where would you go?
- What about Columbia might you be interested in writing about?
- Send us a screenshot of the open tabs on your browser.
- What three days work best for you to Daily?