Field Notes: Don’t Cry Over Spilled Wine Edition
Here at Bwog, we had a weekend filled with spilled drinks, celebrations, and doing the splits. Submit any weekend acrobatics to firstname.lastname@example.org!
- red wine on maybe 4 people in one night.
- champagne onto a new rug. :(
- water on a handwritten assignment (and saved it with a hair dryer).
- spilled pizza sauce all over myself, as I was drunkenly inhaling Koronet’s.
- tea, obvi. ;)
Adventures were embarked upon…
- Rode on a party bus for the first time (only to be dropped off at Mel’s).
- Started seeing a new therapist, and it really clicked!
- Applied to study abroad.
- Strolled the entirety of MoHi with friends on a night out.
- Could not find a women’s bathroom in three (3) floors at Yale Club because the patriarchy never disappoints. Proceeded to use the men’s bathroom instead
- Went on a scavenger hunt that ended up outside the Carman lactation room.
- Blacked out for the first time ever (so insane!!!), woke up in the bed of a Columbia Medical student (context: he was not a stranger, it was wholesome, don’t worry).
Confrontations were had…
- Was attacked by the 1 train.
- Had someone full-on yell at me for using my phone on the train, and then yell at me more for looking at them because they were screaming at me.
- After leaving a party was accosted in the street by a first-year yelling at me to take off and give her a wristband fully adhered to my wrist.
- Met my sister’s new fiancé. Did not like him.
Good eats, of course…
- Baked cookies from scratch.
- Baked a lava cake.
- Ate a lava cake!
- Made a delicious vegan carrot cake for a friend’s 21st birthday.
- Had the best cannolis from the North End (in Boston). (Hint: NOT Mike’s. Come at me.)
- Hosted a dinner party for no reason.
- Ate my birthday cake on Butler Lawn with friends.
- Satisfied a years-long craving for onigiri by eating like 5.
- Unwittingly did not wash my coffee mug well and apparently had coffee with creamer, sugar, and Ajax (yum!).
…And everything in between:
- Accidentally did the splits for the first time ever?!
- Was woken up by my girlfriend sleep-talking, asking me I have ever been to Gettysburg (the answer, if you’re curious, is no).
- Had to CAVA someone else for the first time :( (oh how the turntables have turned!).
- Purchased Mango-a-Ritas at straight 11 am in the morning for the daily reveal (we love our new dailies!).
- Tried to help assist in the search for a stolen $700 neon/glass sign whilst buzzed.
- Pondered the mortifying ordeal of being known.
- Made a new friend over at NYU by bonding over the trash guy she was seeing that met up with me behind her back and getting her out of her relationship!
- Finished watching Jane the Virgin and bawled my eyes out. :’)
- Sat at 1020 until last call…again. Watched a sing-off between two 1020 booths. The one that sang Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline” lost.
- Convinced my parents to buy me an aulos (ancient Greek double flute).
What did YOU do this weekend???
wine is best served spilled via Bwog Archives.