Field Notes: Wasting Time Edition
This past weekend at Bwog, we wasted time, tried food, and had a good time.
Bwog wasted time:
- Skipped several academic obligations to play board games with my friend for his birthday and them take a nap. Betrayal at House on the Hill slaps!
- Did not do any (any!) of my homework (none!).
- Napped more this weekend than I did during the entire first two months of the semester.
- Got high and watched planet earth ii (the jungle episode).
- Got no homework done.
- Slept a whole lot.
Bwog made some mistakes:
- Got completely plastered for my friend’s birthday and ended up texting my ex-boyfriend.
- Bought a coat that makes me look like a tragic 19th-century sea captain on a doomed Antarctic voyage.
- Ate a whole big bag of hot Cheetos in like a half-hour tops.
- Started learning a new instrument, only fucked up… many times. But I only made one extremely audible fuckup!
- Submitted an assignment a hot 3 weeks late.
- Ran into two former hookups after getting smoked out in the 1020 bathroom.
Bwog tried some food:
- Went to Magnolia Bakery for the first time, had an icebox cake that made me believe in God.
- Had amazing Pho and transcended.
- Took my roommate to a wine bar in Williamsburg for his birthday and got lost on the way home despite going to a Williamsburg like twice a month for the past two years.
- Spent 1.5 hours with my suitemates trying to find a vegetarian pho that could be delivered to our dorm until we finally gave up and sprinted to a nearby-ish noodle place to get takeout before they closed. made it with 6 minutes to spare. still craving pho. :(((
- Ate my first salad of the school year.
Bwog had a good time:
- Went to the High Line and Chelsea Market for the first time after having lived in New York for a year.
- Went out on dates two nights in a row with the same person :’)
- Ran away to NYU to get high and watch broad city with my best best best friend the most wonderful person in the world.
- Got very very high in a Brooklyn park; watched dogs with glow stick collars run around for god knows how long.
- Called my best friends from home and talked to them on the phone for like 4 hours. :’)
Time via Public Domain Pictures