How To Stop Your Friends From Forgetting You When You Study Abroad
Studying abroad is really exciting. But if you don’t plan right, all of your friends WILL forget about you!
Spring semester brings lots of fun: Bacchanal, sunny daze, and every junior sick of NYC street rats packing their bags to develop mild alcoholism in Europe.
But studying abroad can be scary! The FOMO is real. So here are a few tips from Bwog on how to keep your friends from forgetting all about you when you eat pray love in a foreign nation.
- Make a little shrine to yourself in their room. Bonus points if it’s hidden and they only discover it halfway through the semester.
- Order a realistic baby doll and leave it for them to take care of.
- Venmo request them $0.01 every day.
Give them something that’s “really special, passed down through generations” and tell them that they can’t lose it before you get back.
Give them a stick and poke of your face while they’re asleep.
- Take a voodoo doll of your best friend with you. Stimulate it to control their emotions from afar.
Send them cute postcards/handwritten letters.
- Carve your name into every desk in Butler.
- Set your Tinder to swipe in NYC even though you’re away. Benevolently catfish them!
- Leave a sexy cardboard cutout of yourself in your friends’ suite.
- Regularly ask them to mail you JJ’s.
Make note of their schedule/important events in their semester and be sure to check on what they’re doing as well as sharing all your fun, foreign adventures.
Post throwbacks on social media and tag them in it.
Man Laugh Smile via Pixabay.