Literally the best salmon to ever exist.
I am not a cook. I made a deal with my girlfriend that if she cooked, I would wash the dishes and do laundry. Now, in a shocking turn of events, I hate doing laundry, so I am learning how to cook. This salmon recipe is one of the most incredible ways to cook salmon, and super easy for those of us who are bad with ovens and tend to set the smoke alarm off pretty consistently. Also, there are no measurements for this recipe. Go with your heart!
Ingredients: Salmon fillet, olive oil, miso paste, soy sauce, garlic and onion powder, sesame oil, kewpie mayo, and vinegar or lemon juice.
Recommended seasoning: Everything can be found at Trader Joe’s. Salt, pepper, Everything Elote seasoning, chile lime, sesame oil, and brown sugar.
- Coat the salmon fillet in olive oil and “season to your ancestors’ desires.”
- Air fry for 12-15 minutes (depending on the filet).
- While air frying: make a glaze with miso paste, soy sauce, garlic and onion powder, sesame oil, kewpie mayo, and vinegar or lemon juice.
- After 12-15 minutes: open air fryer and top with glaze.
- Air fry for the remaining time needed for the filet to cook all the way through, taking out occasionally to add more glaze and check whether it is fully cooked.
- Serve with fried rice and veggies (I highly recommend making a salmon fried rice).
And that’s it! If you’re cooking with an Instapot/air fryer combo, for the love of God soak it in water immediately after or it will never be clean.
The Best Salmon via Bwog Staff