Wednesday Playlist: Start Of The Semester Edition
Written by Rachel Deal
Whether you took a plane from across the world or took a walk from a few blocks away, we’ve all returned to campus and are remembering how tiring (and wet) Columbia can be. Before we get back to working hard (or hardly working), here is a playlist to add some bump to your grind.
- Cranes in the Sky by Solange – “It’s like [the Barnard crane] in the sky.”
- Am Bet’alaa Feek by Nancy Ajram – A song of longing for when you’re trying to get off that seminar waitlist.
- Caroline by Aminé – An upbeat tune that will get you ready for your 8:40 (ugh).
- Pray by Terror Jr – Like the moody boy in your CC class, this song talks about the connection between sex and religion.
- Vesperae solennes de confessore in C Major, K. 339: IV. Laudate Dominum by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – A different sort of prayer than the former (s/o to Music Hum for introducing us to this piece).
- Bad and Boujee (feat. Lil Uzi Vert) by Migos – The source of every Instagram caption of the past couple of weeks…it’s a good song, though.
- Star Roving by Slowdive – The first Slowdive release in 22 years, this song is good for wandering around campus on a grey day like today.
- Mad by Solange & Lil Wayne – More Solange because this album is excellent (as is this Lil Wayne feature).
- Party Monster by The Weeknd – A dark tune for winter weekend nights.
- If I Ain’t Got You by Alicia Keys – “I don’t want nothing at all/If it ain’t you, baby/If I ain’t got you, baby”–a song for reuniting with friends after winter vacation.