Field Notes: Fall Break Edition
Written by Megan Ka Wei Chew
Bwog is finally back from fall break and we sure got up to a lot this past weekend. From being wholesome to being dangerous, read on to find out what Bwog did this break!
- Fell asleep on a bed while a party raged around me.
- Stayed up late watching Riverdale and now my Archie comics childhood is ruined.
- Ended up taking shots with my geeky prom date and singing on a table.
- Watched the sun rise and set without moving from my bed all day.
- Went wake swimming in Vermont.
- Had a few drunken conversations with my parents.
- Baked one and a half pies because my friend dropped one while taking it out of the oven.
- Had an impromptu sleepover with some friends because we were eating pie and talking and then suddenly it was 4am.
- Was kind of drunk and almost cried when a waitress gave me syrup to go with my pancakes.
- Rebuilt my town in Animal Crossing (& hate my new neighbors).
- Got a tattoo.
- Went to a George Washington University frat party with my best friend from childhood.
- Started and finished the Stranger Things series so I could understand the memes.
- Talked about Beyonce’s Halloween costume with someone different every single day of the break.
Bwog loves danger:
- Almost got caught rolling by someone’s RA.
- Wrapped a 1L bottle of gin in a scarf and brought it on my bus ride to Providence.
- Successfully navigated Penn Station while stoned out of my mind on edibles.
- Was so confused by the lock on an Amtrak bathroom that I stayed in there for 30 minutes and had to call a friend for help.
- Spent a total of 20 hours on trains.
- A man at the farmer’s market asked me if I wanted to get drinks with him. He is 38; I am 19.
- Got drunk in my dorm and my RA came in to do inspections. Failed the inspections but gave zero fucks and kept drinking while she checked my room.
- Accidentally dyed my hair purple.
- Hooked up with a white guy and got bullied for it.
Bwog is wholesome:
- Made a chocolate-caramel-almond tart.
- Poorly dyed my roommate’s hair red.
- Watched the children’s movie Sing and fucking cried.
- Got my aura read in Chinatown.
- Went to New Jersey.
- Bought a 50-hour candle and burnt through 20 of the hours.
- Got drunk with my roommate and jammed out to Justin Timberlake.
- Went to the diner in Midtown where Lorde wrote her new album.
- Went to Brown to visit a friend from high school.
- Scrambled to make new plans for my girlfriend’s birthday.
- Spent 2 hours at the MOMA and felt very at peace.
- Made drinks for my friends and felt very adult.
- Joined a monthly wine club called Wine Awesomeness.
- Attempted to play the bag game and pulled something in my neck during the third round. It’s still sore three days later.
Bwog gets political:
- Knocked on over twenty thousand doors and called over ten thousands phones with CU Dems.
- Met such political figures as: Jason Kander, Gov. Phil Murphy, Congressman Frank Pallone, and Jon Bon Jovi.
- Denounced the American political system and vowed to never pursue a career in government. Scheduled interviews with two separate politicians the next day.
- Met Bill de Blasio outside the 72nd St 1/2 station.
- My dad asked “What’s Fuck Spec?”
Little Bwog via Nick Chapman
Tags: bring back little bwog, bwog loves danger i love danger, fall break was not a break, field notes, how long til thanksgiving?, tfw wednesday feels like monday, we did a surprisingly large amount of baking this break, we love little bwog