Things You’ll Inevitably See Now That It’s Cold Outside
Written by Megan Wylie
Although climate change has graced us with weather that unfortunately lets people get away with wearing flip flops to class, the cold has finally set in. With winter approaching fast, Staff Writer Megan Wylie researched some tips to prepare yourself for what you’ll see on campus.
- Couples trying to pretend they aren’t on the verge of a breakup by posting a tree lighting pic
- A scarf that smells like mothballs being used to save three seats in Ref
- Your crush in class ruining their aesthetic by wearing a horrendous beanie
- Athletes posing half-naked in the snow (you know who you are)
- Winter accessories that cost more than tuition
- The inevitable melange of filth and snow that covers Broadway after the first snowfall
- Students blending together in a flock of Canada Goose jackets
- Kids from Florida looking like they’re embarking on an Arctic excursion.
- People trying to ski down Low Steps
- “Cuffing Szn” Instagram posts
- Longer lines at the 114th street Starbucks
- Ferris dedicating the entire dessert display to some sort of tasteless gourd
- International students freezing outside Butler while smoking in subzero temperatures
- A lot of people posting about the weather even though it’s only 10 degrees colder than it was last week. Stay warm!
Tags: can't wait to trek through black snow on my way to class, I refuse to wait on a 1020 line in this weather, the foxes that died for our Canada geese, tree lighting is overrated but I want those damn free shirts, why are there down feathers all over my room, why is it 200 degrees inside my room, winter is coming