Field Notes: Pre-Rushing Edition
Written by Thomas Saenz
Maybe it’s because of the new semester or all of the fraternities that are hosting rush events, but last weekend was one for the books for Bwog Staffers. From endless hookups to weird encounters at 1020, here are the best moments from our weekends.
Bwog and Hooking Up:
- Got laid, then went to Tom’s with him the next morning for post-sexual encounter brunch.
- Left my Twitter handle and a plea for cute gay girls to message me on a “try our markers” board at a Muji store. (Fruitless so far.)
- Got dumped, got laid. In that order.
- Hooked up with a guy that I have been loving to hate all semester. Was so drunk that I ended up kissing his nose at the end and I have yet to come to terms with that.
- Stayed overnight with a guy and accurately diagnosed him with sleep apnea the morning after (he’s getting a mouth guard).
- Got laid and stole his Thrasher shirt.
Bwog in the City:
- Went to Roti Roll three separate times. Realized there’s an inner door connecting Roti Roll and Suite, the gay bar next door. While I was ordering, the drag queen walked through the door and grabbed some napkins from Roti Roll’s counter.
- Lost my phone, then had to spend all of Sunday watching on Find my iPhone as the guy who had it walked from Schapiro to Lerner and back like four times.
- Scheduled my first interview for an internship.
- Went to Junzi Late Night for the first time and got the tequila mango juicebox cocktail. Realized that I hated tequila.
- Went to an arcade in Chinatown with my boyfriend.
- Got lost in brooklyn & was mortified by the degree of gentrification.
- My girlfriend got hit on by a guy at Mel’s who used the opening line: “What do you know about cryptocurrency?” He then pulled up a chair and gave us a 30 min overview. Apparently Ripple is gonna get big soon, so invest now.
Bwog at Frats:
- Got asked by a frat guy at a party, “You definitely go to therapy, right?”
- Was called a frat loyalist, rebelled and crashed a KDR get together.
- Got really crossed at a Beta party, where I proceeded to sign up for information on the frat by accident.
- Smoked hookah for the first time and got so sick I threw up in my friend’s bed.
Bwog Doing Other Things:
- Ate pizza with my best friend who goes to school in Boston and who shares my same name.
- Learned how to use a bong via analogies relating to various band instruments.
- Was named “best at eating someone out” in a game of Paranoia.
- Woke up to my roommate being on acid.
- Got so drunk that I did parkour on Philosophy Hall and then dove into a bush.
- Ran away from friends in the effort to get to JJ’s. Was nearly run over by incoming traffic.
- Carted my friend to her dorm in a blue bin when she became immobile in Hamilton; it turned out she had a sprained ankle.
“Who do you know here?” via Recycled Image