Field Notes: Love Is For The Weak Edition
Written by Thomas Saenz
I don’t know why, but this weekend was a love-filled drama for Bwog Staffers. Maybe it stemmed from the post-Valentine’s Day hype/blues, but nonetheless, Bwog Staffers experienced love, along with other things, in its totality. Anyways, here is a collection of this weekend’s stories, which you can be apart of as well! Send your own stories and weekend adventures to email@example.com and we will add it to this list or put it on next week’s post!
Bwog in the City:
- Went to Brooklyn to play Catan and eat vegetarian tacos.
- Went upstate to hang out with my best friends. Played hide and go seek for an hour in her dorm.
- Had enjoyable and childish fun that made this weekend feel like a dream! Was snapped back into reality when a random guy with a long red beard got a little too close to me on the bus.
- Interpreted a stranger’s dream at Hungarian.
- Met up with a friend from high school in Chicago, smoked in Grant Park, and laughed at the bean statue thing for forty minutes.
- Went to Boston to visit my best friend!!!!
- Ate two whole edibles at a concert. Felt like the entire world was inside out.
- Went to three different graveyards.
- Went to Chinatown to celebrate Lunar New Year with friends over Chinese food and bubble tea.
- Ubered from 113th to 116th to avoid walking in the snow.
- Saw Rico Nasty perform.
- Went to a gay bar for the first time!
- Went to Lush <3
Bwog on Campus:
- Wrote a 10 page paper in a weekend.
- Did homework over Skype with a boy for over 5 hours and was actually productive.
- Studied hours upon end for a map quiz only to find out that none of the questions were actually based on locating things.
- Paid off my work study balance!
- Was accepted to the LLC so I pretty much have a guaranteed single next year!
- Slept through a class where I was one of twenty students…yikes.
- Watched an Amazon prime movie about a Columbia grad “adrift in New York” who fucks his dad’s mistress. It’s called “The Only Living Boy in New York” and I don’t recommend unless you have 90 minutes to waste gagging/laughing.
- Wore heels for over 12 hours.
- Walked back to my dorm barefoot but insisted on putting on my heels so the security guards wouldn’t know I was drunk.
- Went to 4 basketball games in two days and then played in the 24 Hour Musical.
- Nearly lost my wallet (with the last Bwog amex inside!!) on Friday night – luckily found it a few minutes later, by the Hamilton statue. (The treasury secretary watching over my/Bwog’s money seems kinda poetic.)
- Was pelted by snow on the walk from my dorm room to a pregame. Showed up to said pregame with makeup running down my face.
- Was 2 seconds away from taking some rich international student’s Canada Goose after a party, when I couldn’t find my own jacket and refused to walk home in the cold.
- Wore light up sneakers to my first sorority semi formal.
- Stayed in bed all Saturday watching Friends and baking.
- Went to 3 parties in 1 night, including one Carman party to which we arrived after it was over.
Bwog and Love:
- Realized this Ph.D. candidate I hooked up with last year didn’t get his Ph.D. yet, and hooked up with him.
- Got dumped, but also got out of a toxic relationship.
- Woke up to a text from a guy telling me I’d left my underwear in his room.
- Ditched a guy mid hookup to go hang out with his RA instead.
- Tried to repress my romantic feelings for my best friend (who is dating someone). Failed to keep my distance and get over him.
- Went on a date with an insanely smart and attractive first year at Columbia law, he made us boozy Oreo milkshakes – I spent the night and scored a date for next weekend.
- Fell in love on a boat.
- Discovered my crush is 100% unrequited.
- Texted a 24 year old lawyer I ghosted in November and he was actually really happy to hear from me and I’m seeing him either Tuesday or Saturday depending on how his work is this week.
- Left my date to watch Black Panther with a friend.
- This person i’ve been into for a minute told me to hit them up.
- Went on two dates with two different girls in the space of 24 hours! And I think I’m going out with both of them again? Help?
- Got serenaded by my friends with the sweet sweet sound of anime theme music.
- Failed to recognize a guy I had stopped texting at a party. When he hugged me I asked him tipsily, “Wait, do I know you?”
- Made my date wait about 3 hrs bc my nanny mom was getting her hair dyed. But he paid for my boozy ice cream so all good.
- Netflix and chilled to Gossip Girl; he quoted along.
Bwog and Drinks:
- Got very, very wine drunk on Thursday night and got caught by the RA for drinking in my room.
- Went to the Rare Candy show, was very drunk while collecting donations at the door, and fell on the ground in the mosh pit.
- Got kicked out of my first gay bar.
- Drunk texted basically everyone I know.
- Stayed sober the entire weekend.
- Between the dates and a friend’s open bar, didn’t pay for any drinks the whole weekend.
Bwog and Food:
- Tried deep-dish pizza for the first time; cried.
- Threw up candy hearts (I could see the distinct different colors in my vomit).
- Had Famiglia for the first time after sleeping for 16 hours and it was the highlight of my weekend.
- Had a hot pot date in Chinatown & had the cars to and from paid for.
Valentine’s Day love via Recycled Bwog Image
Tags: famiglias is good, field notes, Hamilton is always watching over bwog, haven't been to lush in a hot minute, hello mom I hope you're enjoying mexico, I want to visit three graveyards, I was only the famiglias one bc I had a boring weekend, I'm gonna try ubering from 116th to 114th, levi pls interpret a dream of mine, rip to whoever got caught by their ra, Valentine's Day is a capitalist scam