Ensuciamos. We fucked up.

mea culpaCORRECTION to earlier post:

It appears that our source on the statistic that 13 out of 57 people tested for HIV yesterday must have misheard: according to a staff member at the Gay Health Advocacy Project, Bronx AIDS Services (who provided the HIV antibody testing) clarified that only 29 people were tested–none positive.

For future reference: GHAP offers free and confidential HIV testing to everyone–gay, straight, staff and students–during walk-in hours, Monday through Thursday from 4:00-7:00 PM, or by appointment (854-6655).  Results are available the day following the test.

• wondering says:

@wondering whats with the spanish… and whos translating?

1. I hope says:

@I hope you’re kidding and deep down inside know that it’s actually Latin.

Either that or I’m the typical Columbia student who takes everything seriously.

1. I think says:

@I think #1 was talking about the “ensuciamos”…

2. The ad campaign says:

@The ad campaign around the city uses both “Conoce” and “Know” — it’s actually pretty well designed. And then this headline is a takeoff on the last headline, which used “Conoce” and “Know” again.

Phew!

• btw says:

@btw it should be: la embarramos

• Another says:

@Another major correction, Bwog? It looks like it might be time to start properly sourcing your stories.

1. I disagree, says:

@I disagree, This was the responsible thing to do, a quick correction if anything shows they do care about sources.

1. right but says:

@right but the more responsible thing to do would be not to base initial posts merely on what is overheard. Sourcing shocking — or any — information like that to a person or organization is important. It’s really lazy “reporting” otherwise.

1. yeah but says:

@yeah but it was sourced to Shade Ogunleye, right?

2. Very true says:

@Very true and you’re expecting what, exactly, from a gossip blog?

• well, says:

@well, it worked. stupid but it got me to schedule myself an HIV test.

• Talk about says:

@Talk about shity journalism! Shame on you, Bwog!