Bwog Housing Review: EC (Townhouses)
Written by Bwog Staff
- Nearby dorms: The rest of EC, Wien. Nothing else.
- Stores and restaurants: HamDel, Appletree Market, SubsConscious, Kitchenette (!) No banks or large grocery stores, but there is a Citibank ATM on the 4th floor of SIPA.
Cost: $8,210 dollaz.
- AC/Heating: Yes and yes.
- Kitchen/Lounge: The kitchens are well-outfitted and recently remodeled. The island space in the center of the kitchen offers copious counter-top space, making it possible for multiple people to cook in the kitchen at once as well as doubling as a nifty bar for all those late-night reenactments of your favorite moments from Cheers.
- Computers/Printers: Labs with a printer on the 10th and 18th floors of the high rises.
- Bathrooms: Sharing one between as many as six can be trying. They come with a shower, two sinks, and a toilet in a stall.
- Gym: EC also has two floors with gyms. These have several cardio machines. Nothin’ fancy.
- Intra-transportation: Just one flight of stairs to get to the upper townhouses.
- Wi-Fi: None currently, but there will be next year.
- Hardwood/Carpet: Renovated suites have all-hardwood floors and a linoleum kitchen floor. Other suites have carpeted rooms, and the hallway and lounge is carpeted.
- Laundry: An army of fast machines.
- Storage: Copious storage space! A coat closet, plus as many as two extra closets which would make a freshman in John Jay weak at the knees.
- Mainly six-person suites with six singles, some with four singles and a double
- There are a handful of four-person, four single suites.
- Four-Persons: Lucky seniors. ~30/500. Don’t bet the house (or friendships) on this one.
- All-single six-persons: Midrange. ~30/1500
- One-double Sixer: They go relatively late. ~30/2200
- This is pretty hard to beat for seniors. Be wary if you’re really picky about bathroom cleanliness.
- “The walls in EC townhouses are extremely thin. There are many reasons why this can be, um, problematic.”
- “Lots of mice!!!”
- “Sharing a single bathroom between six people usually works out — if you never actually have to use the bathroom. Otherwise, you’ll soon find yourself toying with the idea of purchasing a chamberpot.”
- “EC townhouses are a MUST for anyone who likes throwing parties. The combination of generous space and prime location is unbeatable for cocktails, shindigs, soirees, and even clambakes.”
- “The courtyard corridors are so windy that no matter what hairstyle you enter them with, you always exit with the Bieber.”