Copy Edit

Jonathan Krueger, GS ’12, Has Passed Away

Jonathan Krueger, GS ’12, has passed away. Jonathan was a member of the GS Honor Society, Phi Beta Kappa, and graduated magna cum laude last month. According to Leslie Limardo, Acting Dean of Students for GS, Jonathan lost his battle with cancer on June 20th. The University will hold a memorial service in his honor at Faculty House this Friday Saturday at noon.

In light of this tragedy, we would like to remind you of the many counseling services offered to Columbia students. The University encourages you, even if you are far from campus, to use Columbia resources for support. Contact the Center for Student Advising at 212-854-6378, Counseling and Psychological Services at 212-854-2878, the Office of the University Chaplain at 212-854-1493, or Residential Programs at at 212-854-6805.

We extend our condolences to Jonathan’s friends and family and remind our commenters to use the comment space respectfully.

• GS '12 says:

@GS '12 What a shame. Jonathan was a great guy and he will be sorely missed. Condolences go out to his family and anyone who had the pleasure of getting to know him.

@Anonymous what was the cause of death?

@Anonymous “Jonathan lost his battle with cancer on June 20th”

@Anonymous Rest in Peace

• BC'13 says:

@BC'13 My condolences to friends and family of Jonathan.

• CC '15 says:

@CC '15 What is going on this year? Is this sort of thing normal? So many deaths on campus! tragic! All the love in the world to his family and the CU community.

@Anonymous I didn’t mean to be insensitive. Sorry if I was.

@Anonymous I don’t know if this is disrespectful, but my first reaction to seeing this was honestly, “What a badass.” I’m perfectly healthy and I could never pull off what he did when he had a month left to live.

I never met him, but clearly a great loss.

• GS 12 says:

@GS 12 Took a couple classes with Jon. A true gentleman.

• Please correct says:

@Please correct The memorial service is on Saturday, not Friday. From the email:

“A memorial in celebration of Jonathan’s life will be held on Saturday, June 30 from 12-2 p.m. in the Presidential Room of the Columbia University Faculty House, which is located on 64 Morningside Drive.”

@Anonymous I am so sorry to hear about Jonathan’s passing. Since I know whatever I write here could not possibly do justice in conveying how truly incredible he was, I would instead like to extend my condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed.

@Anonymous I went to Jr. High and HS with Jon out here on the West Coast. I’ve missed him for years since he moved away, and will continue to miss him. I am not at all surprised to see what great things he accomplished. These past several days have been full of tears, laughter, and reconnecting with old friends. We were fortunate to share those special “growing up” years with him. I’m so happy to see that he touched the East Coast the same way he did the West. You simply DON’T run into guys like this every day. What a precious treasure this world has lost. I will never forget you, sweet friend…