Midterms are almost done, but you’re probably feeling even more done. As a little motivation to get you through the final stretch, Bwogger Sarah Dahl has a playlist to conquer your midterm blues.
This playlist doesn’t actually contain any blues songs because I don’t feel qualified to recommend blues songs. Instead, it’s a mix of slow/sadgirl softrock and some more inspiring/hopeful ballads, plus Big Sean. You can get through midterms, you just have to believe.
- Fifteen, Goldroom ft. Chela- I shazamed this song when I heard it at the hotel pool over break, and it’s kind of a jam. Plus, don’t midterms lowkey-highkey feel like being 15 again (or worse??)?
- Cool Blue, Japanese House- You can at least imagine/simulate that you are calm with this one.
- HELP, The Front Bottoms- Because you need it.
- Constant Headache, Joyce Manor- If you haven’t had a constant headache this week, can you tell me what you’re eating/taking? Thanks.
- Fool, Frankie Cosmos- No better time than midterms to question your major…
- Fast Car, Tracy Chapman- …or wish you had a fast car to get tf out of the city.
- So Good at Being in Trouble, Unknown Mortal Orchestra- A favorite of Bwog EIC Amara Banks.
- Always on My Mind, Marbert Rocel- There’s gotta be something on your mind besides your studies. (Another song I shazamed at the hotel. That playlist was on fire).
- Pure Comedy, Father John Misty- Donald Trump, or your life?
- LES, Childish Gambino- Lower East Side (NYU). Wishing you were there.
- Twin Peaks Theme – Instrumental, Angelo Badalamenti- This is kind of a classic. And super sad. Without words.
- Avril 14th, Aphex Twin- Another wordless song, because we needed some Aphex Twin on this playlist.
- Liability, Lorde- If you haven’t heard it yet, the new Lorde song is really depressing and also really good.
- Big Beautiful Day, PWR BTTM- This banger from their new album will get you back on a positive track!
- Bounce Back, Big Sean- You may have taken some Ls, but you will bounce back (especially with this playlist).
Dreariness on College Walk via Bwog’s Instagram