With the dreaded Vday right around the corner, those of us without an S.O. might be feelin’ kinda down (or not, since contrary to popular belief, not everyone here is a sad boi/sad girl). But if you’re curled up in bed watching the Bachelorette and wishing that were you, fear not, because Galentine’s Day is the real holiday we should be looking forward to. A night out with the girls is always the best time, and there’s plenty to do in Morningside Heights this February 13th (Or any other day, really. Who needs a special occasion to love yourself?). So, Bwog has come to the rescue and compiled a list of the best things to do around Morningside Heights this holiday season.
1) Have a spa day with the ladies in your dorm room. Nothing like face masks and manicures, and maybe some Netflix on this cold winter day.
2) Go catch a movie at the Magic Johnson theater with your best friends. Guaranteed to be a fun time; the theater is usually pretty empty and the tickets are significantly cheaper than at the 84th street theater.
3) Go ice skating at Lasker Rink in Central Park (108th street)! Just look away from the giant Trump signs while you’re there.
4) Go for a nice dinner out at Le Monde or Marlow Bistro: just some fan favorites in the local area.
5) Hit up Yoga to the People on 103rd street for a pay what you wish yoga session. Totally worth the 12 block walk.
6) If you’re into jazz, SMOKE has some amazing shows. Though it can be a bit pricey, Galentine’s day is the perfect time to splurge on the things you love.
7) Last, but not least, my personal favorite. Treat yourself to some junk food (and maybe some edibles) and enjoy a nice night in with your gals watching a rom com… or a superhero movie. Whatever floats your boat.