Join Art Editor (Extraordinaire) Alex Katz in bringing back Where Art Thou from its summer hiatus. We’ll be divulging the details about the must-sees of Columbia’s arts scene. If you’d like your event to appear on Where Art Thou, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tomás Saraceno on the Roof: Cloud City on the roof the Metropolitan Museum of Art. A collection of large, interconnected modules investigating how we experience our environment. Free with CUID.
- 20at20: Discounted Off-Broadway Shows, the bi-annual discount offer celebrating Off-Broadway. Tickets for all 20at20 shows are only $20, starting 20 minutes before show time. $20
- Bound Unbound: Lin Tianmiao at the Asia Society Museum. The artist’s first major solo exhibition in the United States, it focuses on the human form subtly embodied in the work. $10. Free with valid CUID.
- Forty Years Later: Now Can We Talk? Film premiere produced by Lee Anne Bell in the Diana Event Oval at 6:30pm. The film tells the story of the first African Americans to integrate the white high school in Batesville, Mississippi in 1967-69. Information: 212.854.7072
- Free Live Music at the American Folk Art Museum at 5:30pm. Seeking to honor the independent creative spirit, the free concert includes a chance to view the current exhibit. Free.
- Venezia at Miller Theater. Performed by candlelight, this theatrical concert presentation builds on Le Poème Harmonique’s eye-opening approach to opera. Tickets are $40-$50.
- Choreography for Audiences – Take One at Irondale Theater at 2:00pm. A live human game, the social experiment asks participants to follow instructions and rules to create large scale visual patterns. Tickets are $15, or $10 with valid CUID.