Where Art Thou?
Written by Bwog Staff
Since it is almost Fall Break, and by Fall Break we mean a weekend with two non-class days that we should be getting off as holidays anyways, you should go see some shows. Madysen Luebke, the curator of concerts, the owner of operas, the fairy of films has gathered this splendid lists of events that will make you look cultured. Pursue these at all costs. And if your hip, refined friends tell you of any other electric events, send them to email@example.com.
- CMTS Presents a shadowcast of The Rocky Horror Picture Show in the Diana Event Oval at 8pm for only $1 to benefit Broadway Care/Equity Fights AIDS. Check the event page for tickets, or just show up at 7pm to be put on the waitlist.
- Barnard’s all women’s a capella group Bacchante will be having their fall performance at 7pm in the Glicker Milstein Theater in the Diana Center. Tickets are free.
- The Metropolitan Opera is performing Bellini’s Norma this friday night, and the arts initiative has you covered with tickets for only $26 with CUID. Just buy the ticket from TIC and head down to Lincoln Center by 7:30pm.
- Jazz at Miller Theatre presents the Warren Wolf Quartet this saturday at 8pm. We’re finally on break, so take advantage of the $7 tickets Miller offers us!
- In Lerner C555 at 7pm there will be a screening of the film Dom Salvador and the Samba Jazz Sextet. The screening will be followed by a Q&A with not only the film’s director but with Dom Salvador himself as well. Tickets are only $7 with CUID.
- GSSC is screening The Nightmare Before Christmas in the Lerner Cinema at midnight for free! Extra incentive: there will be food starting at 11:30 in the Broadway Room along with a costume contest.
A Rocky Horror via ShutterStock