Field Notes: Baby Bwog Is Growing Up Edition
Written by Bwog Staff
Now that everyone is back on campus, we’re all feeling a little older and a little wiser. The field notes from move-in really exemplify the hardcore adulting that’s been taking place, and we think our parents would be proud…until they see the rest of this post, in which we make a royal mess of our lives (as usual).
Proving That We’re All Grown Up…
- Had an energy drink for the first time, bought using change found underneath a ButCafe vending machine.
- Got a piano.
- Spent 3 hrs in line with suite mates to get into eco reps. Came out with a metal shelving unit, 4 hooks, a shoe rack, and a star wars poster all for $10.
- Reminisced about Carman life with newly moved in freshmen. They asked me for advice on smoking in dorms.
- Spent ten minutes right outside of Bed, Bath, and Beyond deciding whether or not to buy a faux-fur chair. Ended up doing it. So worth it.
- Heard William Shatner talk at length about String Theory.
- Didn’t set foot once on Columbia’s campus.
- Met my new roommate and her dad for the first time while tipsy after returning from a band party. (Luckily they couldn’t tell.)
- Pretty much only unpacked my bed linens (so that I could take a nap).
- Made an ugly painting in my friend’s room using her water color set. It was therapeutic and she hung my painting on her wall.
- Citi biked with my dad. He thought I was behind him but I was actually in front of him; he turned around at 60th street and wound up in the 70s while I made it to 42nd and then had to use stranger’s phone to call him because he had my phone in his pocket (I was wearing biker shorts).
- Crashed on a couch because Columbia refused to give me housing when I actually needed it. Slept better than I normally do.
- Blasted “IMDABES” on concert-quality speakers.
Tags: Baby Bwog sounds better than Adult Bwog, But how did they get the piano in the house? Is it an outdoor piano?, How are we already tired?, You have to smoke a pipe while reminiscing about Carman (it's The Thing To Do)