Spring! Sprang! … Playlist
Written by Lila Etter
It’s almost here! The long-awaited break we’ve all been suffering to reach. If you’re spending it in warm weather, here’s a playlist for your beaching and sunbathing and swimming and dancing and drinking and all other spring break shenanigans. If you’re not spending it somewhere warm, here’s a playlist to pretend you are!
- Motel Pool, Travis Garland: So you got yourself to Florida or wherever, but you ended up staying in a motel for the week. Make the best of it! They’ve probably got a pool, right?
- Drugs You Should Try It, Travi$ Scott: Spring break is for letting loose and experimenting. Try new things!
- Everything is Embarrassing, Sky Ferreira: This will be applicable soon if it isn’t already.
- We Are The Tide, Blind Pilot: A feel good song for road tripping with friends, hopefully toward somewhere with waves.
- Trainwreck, Banks: See #3.
- Help Me Run Away, St. Lucia: Escape campus! Escape NYC! Wherever you end up traveling, even if it’s just a day trip.
- Same Ol’ Mistakes, Rihanna: See #5.
- T-Shirt Weather, Circa Waves: Fingers crossed for a week of sunny skies.
- Champagne Coast, Blood Orange: Maybe a slow(er) jam, but the message is still there. And this song is groovy af.
- Swimming Pools, Kendrick Lamar: Again, with the pools, my goodness. This is just an objectively good throwback, though.