Field Notes: Ready For A New Semester?
Written by Bwog Staff
It’s been a long week for those of us on campus slogging through required activities, and an even longer week for those of us off campus dreading our return. But we’re all (at least physically) here now, we’re (mostly) unpacked, and we’re ready (we hope) for a new semester. Here’s what Bwog has been up to for the past few days…
Ready for anything:
- Got a tattoo
- “Acquired” a lamp and desk chair for my suite from the sidewalk of 111th St.
- Got a sick fridge off the street
- Led a campus tour whilst high
- Ate a snickerdoodle that a first-year baked for me
- Drunkenly danced with first years at CU glow
- Got into a seminar that’s been my dream class since freshman year!
- Hosted a shindig in my new dorm the night I moved in. 6 barnard frosh came. Initiated them.
- Unpacked six huge boxes in my room without waking up my roommate
- Hooked up with a guy in Brooklyn who used to live less than a mile away from me back home (but we had never met)
- Tried kickboxing!!
- Made and ate edible s’mores in McBain
- Actually managed to almost fully unpack in one day
- Asked an EC party to quiet down for the first time
Ready for… maybe one or two things:
- Took from approximately 10 am to 4 pm to eat a single bowl of cheerios.
- Consumed probably 4 peanut butter shakes from Shake Shack
- Blacked out at drunch
- Drank Everclear jello shots. Got drunk for the first time in 2 months it was disastrous.
- Broke things off with my SO and got back together after 72 hours
- Agreed to share eggs with my suitemates
- Had three drinks at the pregame and then went to bed
- Smoked on my fire escape that looks into my next door neighbor’s kitchen
- My roommate can barely walk today because she apparently fell down the Heights stairs multiple times and fell in our kitchen while trying to make Annie’s mac n cheese last night
EC rush via Bwog Staff
Tags: are we mentally here? well..., bwog does nsop, field notes, thanks first-year for the snickerdoodle, what do we mean by 'initiated'? you probably don't want to know, who needs ecoreps when you have the nyc sidewalk