Worst Places To Stand On Campus, Ranked
Written by Bwog Staff
The beauty of Columbia’s spacious campus is that there are a ton of convenient, non-intrusive places to stand. Clearly, a lot of people haven’t gotten that memo, so for those people, here’s a ranking of the worst places to stand on campus.
- In the hallway connecting the food area with the seating area in JJ’s. That hallway is very narrow and can only accommodate a few things. Standing is not one of those said things.
- Hamilton stairwell. We are all either late to class, or we’re trying to leave run away from it as soon as possible. Please do not stand here. Please.
- In front of the stairs/drink dispenser in Ferris. Let us get our freakin’ orange juice in peace!
- The middle of the NoCo escalator. Escalator etiquette is simple – stand to the right side if you’re not moving, walk up the left side if you are.
- The walkways around Lewisohn and Math. The Bwogger who compiled this ranking is not a STEM major, b
- The stairs between the Diana/Altschul and Milbank. See #2.
- Next to the ATM in Barnard hall. Standing here gives us the feeling that you’re memorizing PIN numbers.
- More generally, anywhere in John Jay/Ferris that isn’t the line. If you aren’t actively getting food or moving, you are what’s wrong with the dining halls.