With this flurry of news about Bacchanal and Columbia’s new Gender-Based Misconduct Policy, you may have missed some recent updates to our community. Not going to lie, they’re not as exciting.
- Haakon’s Hall, that weird bar you’ve probably never been to, is becoming a gluten-free, farm-to-table restaurant called Friedman’s Lunch. (Crains New York)
- But maybe we don’t even need restaurants. The Daily Meal ranks Columbia #3 in the country for its food. (Daily Meal)
- Dean Hinkson announced Barnard is going to have a school-wide convocation ceremony to celebrate the 125th anniversary at the beginning of next year. Anna Quindlen will be giving the key-note speech. (Office Minute)
- Rising senior Nadia Eke competed in the Common Wealth games, in the “triple jump” event, which sounds incredibly bad-ass. (GoColumbiaLions)
- Physics professor Janna Levin did a segment for NOVA’s Secret Life of Scientists and Engineers. (NOVA)
- Student Worker Solidarity is urging Columbia to not to choose the security firm Command Security for their new security contract. Apparently the firm is non-union and has done all sorts of scary things that SWS outlines in their letter, which you can see after the jump.