Location: 508 West 114th Street
- Nearby dorms: John Jay, LLC, Carman, Brownstones, Broadway
- Stores and restaurants: Strokos, Artopolis, JJs, Hamdel, St. Luke’s (important). It’s basically on Amsterdam, but the blocks immediately around it aren’t the most happening.
- $9,470/year (same as Claremont, EC, Hogan, Watt, Woodbridge, SIC’s, and Brownstones. More money than last year.)
- Bathrooms: Two full baths in the 6- and 8- person suites. One full bath in the 4-person suites. They’re nothing special.
- AC/Heating: No AC. Heating, but not individually controlled by rooms.
- Kitchen/Lounge: Killin’. Each suite has a large kitchen with a full fridge, oven, stovetop, and microwave. Loooots of cabinet space. Probably the best communal space in all of the dorms.
- Laundry: 5 washers and 5 dryers in the basement; not great considering all of the students who live here. The laundry room is in the renovated basement, accessible only via elevator.
- Computers/Printers: Just one printer in the lobby. No computer lab. Bring a laptop.
- Gym: 2 ellipticals and 2 treadmills, plus a TV. The ellipticals go first. Not very large, but also not very used. New as of 2013.
- Intra-transportation: One elevator, one staircase. Be sure to leave room in your schedule for transit.
- Hardwood/Carpet: Hardwood hallways and rooms.
- On each floor:
- One 4-person all-single suite (on even floors this is the RA suite)
- One 6-person 2-double/2-single suite
- Two 8-person suites (either 2-double/4-single or 3-double/2-single).
- NOTE: The first floor has only one 8-person suite, with 2 doubles, 1 single, and 1 walk-through double. The first floor is weird.
- Singles in 4-single suites can get as small as 85 square feet, some of the smallest on campus. But 6-person suites have 135 square foot singles, so keep the specific room you’re getting in mind.
- Doubles don’t have the same variety, all being square and ranging from decent (170 sq. ft.) to good (200 sq. ft.)