We Googled Them So You Don’t Have To
Written by Bwog Staff
Wondering what you have to do to be an early member of Phi Beta Kappa? Here’s what Bwog found out about our early nominees:
- Rajiv Agarwal, Philosophy, co-president of Columbia Global Justice
- Rudi Batzell, History, Undergraduate History Council chair, editor/reviver of the Undergraduate History Journal, former editor of Lucha’s El Participante, and anti-ROTC panelist.
- Mikaela Bradbury, Anthropology, observer of street vendors.
- Jennifer Brown, English
- Cindy Cai, Biology/Music, member of Kappa Phi Lambda, piano player
- Willy Chang, Physics, researcher of things Bwog doesn’t understand, born in 1984 (Bwog loves an older man…)
- Emily Clader, Mathematics/Philosophy, Bach Society alto
- Yasemin Erboy, Environmental Sciences, EcoRep, part of the Lamont-Doherty Observatory
- Amari Hammonds, Sociology, former Bwog and Spec writer, Vagina Monologuer, reality TV star.
- Emily Jordan, Anthropology/Psychology, Iowan, mouse observer, loves getting “naked.”
- Kyle Jurado, Economics, Intervarsity president
- Leora Kelman, Economics-Philosophy, volunteer with Project Sunshine, spotter of cockroaches
- Jisung Park, Economics/Political Science, Rhodes Scholar (and many other things, but really, what else do you need to know?)
- Andrei Petrenko, Physics, squash co-captain
- Brendan Price, Econ-Poli Sci/Math, former Spec deputy editorial page editor
- Richard Prins, Writing, fan of Norman Siegel, owner of an excellent Facebook page, poet
- Mollie Schwartz, Chemical Physics, atom manufacturer
- Swarup Swaminathan, Biochemistry, recepient of a Goldman Sachs scholarship, renowned harmonium player
- Xiyin Tang, English, former Spec style editor, WBAR personnel director, not a fan of privacy
- Xiao Wei, Biology, investment banker
Econ leads the pack with four inductees, while English and Bio-related majors tie with three early inductees each. Also, Bwog’s consulted every online source we can think of, but we know our readers know them best, so let us know what we’ve missed about our inductees in the comments. Again, congratulations to the inductees!