Superbowl Sundries, Manhattan-Style
Written by Bwog Staff
Editor’s Note: Bwog will continue to update on the death of SEAS student yesterday, but we will also keep our regular posts going.
Bwog is told there’s some kind of day of national celebration going on today, something about “football.” We’re not entirely sure about the sports end of it, but here’s a sampling of the oft-associated carousal.
Local establishments have a few specials going on:
- The Heights: 60-cent wings, $4 pints
- 1020: $3 beers
- Havana Central: $39.95 buffet, including all-you-can-
eatdrink domestic drafts and sangria
- Village Pour House: $30 all-you-can-drink Bud Light (marvelous choice, no?) from kick-off to the end of the game.
Those hoping to patronize La Negrita or O’Connells, you’re out of luck. Elsewhere in the city:
- SideBar (15th and Irving Place), owned by the Village Pour House folks, has offerings that are somewhat more sumptuous: a $50 “premium” open bar
- Leisure Time Bowl (8th and 42nd) boasts 30 flat-screens and is giving a free beer tower if you rent a lane for two hours, for something non-traditional.
- Kyotofu (9th and 48th) is giving away free cupcakes having a half-off sake sale for their Super Bowl haters party. There will be a screening of the Japanese film Tampopo.
Bwog can only find one campus group that’s hosing a public viewing. Hillel offers free pizza, vague “snacks,” and adjective-less “TV” on the 5th floor of the Kraft Center tonight at 6.
Update, 3:27 PM: A commenter tells us that there’s a widescreen TV set up in the Broadway Sky Lounge, hosted by ResLife, Bwog assumes.
If you know of any other groups or want to invite the bwogosphere into your home, comment or email us at [email protected]
And if none of that suits you, you could hide in Butler and shout out the scores as the game progresses. Bwog cannot guarantee your safety in this event.