NSOP Gossip: Three Days Before NSOP Edition
Written by Bwog Staff
- Christy Carlson Romano of Kim Possible fame is back at Barnard! She was spotted in the Reslife office today, and is here to finish her degree.
- Barnard deans have apparently forbidden Barnard OLs from high-fiving first-years as they walk through the Gates yelling and screaming on the first night of college.
- Columbia and Barnard OLs have gotten some linguistic rules: freshmen are to be referred to as “new students” not “kids”; it’s a “residence hall” and not a “dorm.”
- NSOP crew chiefs have been given acronyms to remember what kind of language is appropriate to use when speaking to fresh-people, which makes sense, since in several cases the first-years are a full 7-8 months younger than the OLs themselves.
- One such acronym: D.O.R.M= Dismal Ordinary Room of Mine
- Another: R.E.S.I.D.E.N.C.E H.A.L.L= Really Exciting Sensational Individually Designed Enlightened New College Experience that Houses an Abundance of Life and Love
Couldn’t make this stuff up if we tried. Sleep well, Columbia.