The Morningside Almanac: Update!
Written by Bwog Staff
A few tidbits to help you navigate today’s Greenmarket:
- This is the last week for zucchini blossoms.
- For the next few weeks there will be different wine vendors under the food and wine tent.
- If you are looking for Monkshood cherry tomatoes, get them early because they go fast.
- Be sure to try the quiches at Meredith’s. They’re in the cooler at the front of the tent and you are encouraged to take a peek inside.
- Ardith Mae Farm goat cheese is worth getting to early, especially if you’re a fan of chevre, which seems to be particularly popular.
- If you happen to have a returnable milk bottle rolling around the back of your fridge, it most likely came from Milk Thistle. Milk Thistle is here each Sunday.
- Expect bok choi to arrive in the coming weeks.
Image via Wikimedia Commons