Masterpieces of Underground Art

While you were still cramming for that last final (or perhaps drinking the memory of it into oblivion), one of your talented peers was off spray-painting walls underground. Perhaps inspired by our own Mark Hay’s forays into the tunnels earlier this semester, Columbian artist and “bandit belle” Angelique Chandy decided to try her hand at tagging, and made a pretty nifty video recording of her attempt. The result is really quite spectacular, check it out yourself:

• What's a says:

@What's a graffiti artist’s favorite schoolyard game?

Tag!

• wth says:

@wth if she can spray point the columbia tunnels, its only fair for me to spray paint butler library

• she's says:

@she's hella fine

1. swooning says:

@swooning look at those arms! and that talent!

@Anonymous hey bwog, you should probably remove the artists name…

@Anonymous Well, the video is under the account name “AngeliqueChandy”…

@Anonymous That’s vandalism hoe!

• Citizen says:

@Citizen WERQ

• Incredible says:

@Incredible It was so cool to watch her progress. I was amazed when she sprayed on the white paint, and the figure turned from a silhouette to a realistic portrait! You go, girl!

@Anonymous wow, this is really amazing. I can’t wait to find these in the tunnels.

• !!! says:

@!!! Joy Division FTW!!

• ok says:

@ok WE GET IT. YOU LIKE BANKSY

• I thought says:

@I thought the point was anonymous art. I don’t want to exit through your gift shop.

1. Really? says:

@Really? I’d like to exit through her gift shop! ;)

2. blunted affect anyone? says:

@blunted affect anyone? Sounds like the only thing you know about street art is gleaned from your Netflix cue. Street Art isn’t about anonymity, its about not getting caught in the act of creation. Check out awesome street artist Caledonia Curry aka Swoon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtEDSQblGVo

• Disgusting Person Who says:

@Disgusting Person Who I would like to spray her tunnel of love.

• SpringsteenLove69 says: