Morningside Almanac: Week of 9/29
Written by Bwog Staff
The Greenmarket is here every Thursday and Sunday. Every Thursday, Bwog brings you the weekly highlights.
- Meet the newest members of the Greenmarket family, Wood Homestead and Tundra Brewery. They’ll be selling maple syrup, maple cotton candy, and beer from all-local grains and hops this Sunday. Bonus points if you can mix all three together.
- Also facilitating your becoming a localcoholicavor, King Ferry Winery will be at the market both Thursday and Sunday selling some of New York State’s best wines.
- While they may not be fermented (yet), Wagner’s Cider Mill brings concord grapes and grape juice this Thursday and Sunday.
- Roaming Acres ambles back to the Thursday market with their ostrich meat and jerky.
- Madura Farm’s mushrooms are back. Head over to the stand for mushroom recipes.
- Just in time for Rosh Hashanah, Samascott Orchards and Stannard Farms are selling apples dipped in Ballard’s honey (and giving away free samples at the info table!).
In case you’re not sure what to do with your produce, stop by the info table and chat with Georgia (a recent Culinary Institute of America grad) or Kristina (a recent Columbia anthro grad) to get brainstorm how to eat all those fruits, veggies and suggestively-shaped gourds.
Menacing veggie lover via wikimedia.