The Greenmarket is here every Thursday and Sunday. Every Thursday, Bwog brings you the weekly highlights.
- Ostrich enthusiasts of Morningside rejoice! Roaming Acres ostrich farm are back at the market today with their delicious and very healthy ostrich steaks, burgers, jerky and more.
- The market expects a fresh shipment of grapes and grape juice, direct from the Fingerlakes region of New York State. We recommend getting together with a classically-minded pal and feeding them to each other while reclining.
- Get a whiff of something delicious from the lavender stall. It will impress your mother when she visits and allow you to pretend for longer that not doing laundry ever is okay.
- The season for corn and tomatoes is still around, but will shortly be coming to an end. Get them while they last.
- Every week, fresh new varieties of apples arrive at Samascott. These are best accompanied by apple cider and cider donuts
Many Greenmarket farmers have been severely affected by Hurricane Irene as well as recent rainstorms; shopping local is the best way to support them during their recovery. Please visit the Greenmarket website to learn more ways to help.