Where Art Thou?, Bwog’s Wednesday feature, encourages you, as usual, to stay on campus and have some free/kind of free fun this weekend. If you’re a dance aficionado, this is the weekend to stay on campus and watch your peers roll around on stage and stuff. If you’d like your loosely dance-related event featured here, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Lonely Play (a not-so-lonely play), 8pm on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday in Lerner Black Box. NOMADS warmly invites you to their fall production of a brand new play written by Cassandra Adair, BC’12. $5 with CUID, $ 10 without.
- CoLab Fall Showcase, 7:30 pm on Friday and 2:30 pm and 7:00 pm on Saturday in the VagBox. Featuring pieces by 10 student choreographers in diverse styles. Free.
- Voice Ensemble Concert, 7:30 pm in 301 Philosophy Hall. Free!
- WBAR & POSTCRYPT ART GALLERY present: Student Sounds | Sound Students, 8 pm to 11 pm The Hive on the first floor of Altschul Hall. Throughout Student Sounds | Sound Students, you will hear sounds that have been configured into music by man or machine, and you will meet sounds that have been retranslated and transplanted to transport you elsewhere. You will make sounds that will be borrowed for music, and you will hear yourself as an environment. Student Sounds | Sound Students will also include a re-presentation of works of art from Postcrypt Art Gallery’s current exhibition Bodies of Sound. Free.
- Columbia Ballet Collaborative’s Fall Performances, 7 pm at MMAC, Saturday at 8 pm at MMAC, and Sunday at 8 pm at Streng Studio in Barnard Hall. Manhattan Movement and Arts Center (MMAC) is located at 248 West 60th Street. Tickets for the MMAC shows are $18 General Admission or $10 with CUID. Tickets for the Streng show are $7 with CUID and $15 without.
- metamORCHESIS, 9 pm and Sunday at 2 pm in Roone. Columbia’s largest dance group, Orchesis, presents it fall show of new student choreography! Featuring ballet, tap, jazz, modern, and more. $5 with CUID, $10 without.
- Fruit Paunch in the College Improv Tournament!, 2 pm at the Magnet Theater, 254 West 29th St. between 7th and 8th Avenues. Fruit Paunch is competing in the College Improv Tournament, a nationwide competition among college improv groups. On Saturday, they’re going to be going head to head with other groups from the New York-area in order to get a spot in the Chicago Comedy Festival. They have to win their respective bracket at 2 pm, advance to the finals at 8 pm, and then win in the finals.
- Improvapalooza, 9 pm in Lerner Black Box. An unforgettable night of improv and sketch comedy featuring Columbia’s best comedy groups: Chowdah, Fruit Paunch, Control Top, Alfred, Shenanigans and Goings On, and Dog Court! With stand-Up by Eli Grober, Charlie Dinkin, Bob Vulfov, and special guests.