Copy Edit

Houses And Homes: Chicago

Bwog wants to know what your living space was like this past summer. Were you back home? Staying in New York? Did you find yourself (abroad)? Send us a photo of your view or room before you move out, along with a brief description of where you were to tips@bwog.com. Below, tipster Laura F shows us her summer lodgings.

Where: Chicago, IL

Sight:

Sound: Cars in the alleyway and my numerous phone calls with Andre and Sakura at Manhattan Mini Storage. My dad playing Brahms on the piano without pause. But when the loud jets start vrooming for the Air and Water Show, we hear nothing else for days.

Smell: A mix of city grime and the flowers and herbs my mother painstakingly takes care of every day. Our tomato plants are coming in nicely!

Taste: Iced coffee and the strawberries I picked out of our pots. Basil for the pesto I’m making later.

@Anonymous …this needs to stop.

@Anonymous I agree. I don’t like all these bwog posts showing up in my RSS feed because it means the end is near, and I fear having to go back.

@Anonymous “look at my family’s comfort and wealth!”

but seriously, vacation/abroad photos are one thing, but who wants to look at your boring, affluent family’s backyard?

@Anonymous yeah i was going to say “nah man chill it’s just a patio no big” then i read the description and I was like no man fuck you

@Anonymous white people…

• CC'13 says:

@CC'13 Either you’re too clueless to realize how arrogant and ostentatious these come off or you’re too classless to be humble about your wealth

@Anonymous Considering that most of Columbia comes from the well-off suburbs, you have the stones to throw some stones.

@Anonymous You have a real problem if you see something wrong with her photoes and post. I think you have a massive inferiority complex.

@Anonymous It’s just a patio and a garden they planted. Not a Ferrari or a fancy hotel room in Europe. It’s not that big of a deal. Everyone calm down.

@Anonymous But that patio probably cost more than my house!

@Anonymous I think the above comments are also about all of the pics we are seeing (and the father playing Brahms)

@Anonymous So if he plays Elton John, he’s not as snooty?

@Anonymous basil? pesto? dude, i’m gonna type as sober as possible, that honestly looks fcking pathetic and digusting compared to my meal. and I’m being one hundred percent serious. Sorry we dont cook sht that was perviously in cans. you’re a fuking joke dude, and im dead fuking serious. gert areal family that cooks good food, drinks beer and wine and winecoolers and has a good fuking time, and has a milliondollar house on the beach, im seriously.. dont eever potst your fuking poverty dinner on these forums ever the fuk again bro, and by bro i mean never my bro

1. Best comment says:

@Best comment of all time. Box this.

• CC alum says:

@CC alum You guys are so f**k’d up. What is so bad about these pictures. You are so insecure and hostile.
    Don’t you think you might use your Columbia education to earn a good living. Why do you denigrate a fellow classmate who comes from a hard working and successful family. What is your problem!

Let’s say you go to Columbia on and get financial aid. Who the hell do you think gives Columbia the money that goes to you via financial aid! The purpose is so that you can get a good education and possibly take advantage of your Columbia education so that your children can grow up with a nice patio.

@Anonymous go get yourself a job, buddy