Grand Opening of Upper West Side Legend

Today the Upper West Side can celebrate the grand opening of a restaurant that’s Legen–wait for it—dary. Legend, a Chinese food cornerstone of Chelsea’s culinary scene, is opening a new location in the old Rack n Soul space on 258 W 109th Street. Even though Bwog’s already spent 90% of its allowance for the year, any excuse to not eat dining hall food is a good one.

yummy via NY Eater

• BSGS says:

@BSGS Better. Chinese. Food. Is. In. Chelsea. I. Know. I. Actually. Live. There.
    Omg, Stop. Being. White. People. Because. You. See. Nice. Wall. Paper.

1. ... says:

@... …better Chinese food is in China. I actually live there.

1. BSGS says:

@BSGS Of course! But it would be because it is actually good food and not because of nice wall paper and glasses.

1. May. Lulz. Never. Cease. says:

@May. Lulz. Never. Cease. Hey. Everyone. Look. At. This. Fucking. Hipster.

1. BSGS says:

@BSGS I’m not ashamed of being able to appreciate good food. I’m also not ashamed of being aware enough to not be distracted by the sheen of $40 glass.

2. GS '14 says:

@GS '14 When you read this out loud, it sounds even more douchey.

• Margaret says:

@Margaret I’m harboring irrational disdain for Legend; I miss Rack n Soul so much… just so so much.

@Anonymous We need a chicken and ribs restaurant

• Faith says:

@Faith Anyone up for some “Sichuan Spicy Diced Rabbit?”

• Mark this as the first and only time says:

@Mark this as the first and only time a chinese restaurant has come to the rescue of vegetarians

@Anonymous But there are about 20 other chinese restaurants around campus. We need more variety! Rack and Soul was great.