Yup, It’s Macklemore

Ok great!

A bit after hearing Macklemore would not be performing at Bacchanal, we started hearing rumblings that–in fact–Macklemore would be coming to Columbia.  Hating feeling fooled, Bwog reached out directly to Macklemore’s manager, who confirmed that Macklemore & Ryan Lewis will be performing at Bacchanal.

The announcement from Bacchanal was going to come out on midnight, April 1st, in a statement given to Spec (remember: Bacchanal is pissed at us), but after we told them we had the confirmation from their manager, Bacchanal sent it to Spec today.  In the statement, we find out that Flosstradamus will be performing. Also of note: the day will be starting early, with the Morningsiders on at 11 am.

Celebrate/bitch in comments.

This guy via Wikimedia Commons

@Anonymous Bacchanal’s a little bitch.

1. Bwog says:

@Bwog is a little bitch.

1. all i do is smoke weed says:

@all i do is smoke weed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay_pTE7vwJY

@Anonymous If you’re gonna waste your college life planning a spring concert, at least don’t invite Mackelmore.

3. macklemore says:

@macklemore is playing every fucking college spring concert goddammit he is the definition of mainstream/terrible/poser/sell-out im so upset why couldnt it have been any number of other performers. no, his other songs are not better than thrift shop stop saying that like its true or will somehow make this better.

• $lee says:

@$lee First

1. $lee says:

@$lee Aw man

• wow says:

@wow bwog…bitter herbs are only for the seder plate.

• god fucking damn it says:

@god fucking damn it oh man i cant wait to get up at 9 in the morning to pregame so i can watch west coast liberals piss themselves over a mediocre white rapper

best

bacchanal

ever

1. Tastemaker says:

@Tastemaker yeah man yeah

2. Arsene Wenger says:

@Arsene Wenger Edgy post bro.

@Anonymous I LOVE FLOSSTRADAMUSSSSSS

@Anonymous Well done, Bwog. Looks like you won the pissing match after all.

• Potential Suitor says:

@Potential Suitor Yo! We keep it real!
    Hyuh!
    Boll-zie in da hizzouze!
    Shoutout to ma nerds, Mek-E and little lil’ FRO-sci!

Let’s kick it, c’mon!

Yo, was spendin my days with the calc and the phy-to-da-six,
    Up in lil butler, came in this chick with them legs.
    She say, “what you lookin at, I ain’t some hoe lookin for dicks”
    I say Oh you the classy type, well I got best of both world, tricks!

Girl, I may be Chinese but I do math as fast as I can spend dem dollas on you
    Girl, I may be Chinese, but you ain’t worry bout mah dick size,
    Girl, I may be Af-ri-kan, but don’t let mah rolllllll-ex fool ya,
    The only ex’s rollin my joints are the ones who console ya
    Girl, you figure out my shit yet, cause
    Girl, I’m Blackenese like a motherfuckin vet in a West African war cause

Blackenese? Blackenese!
    Blackenese? Blackenese!

You ever seen a SEAS boy as good lookin as me?
    You ever seen a SEAS boy with a big dick like me?
    You ever seen a SEAS boy with mental apppppp-ti-tude?
    You ever seen a SEAS boy handle ya attitude?
    You ever seen a SEAS boy who be black and chinese?

The lil blonde chick, she drop her mouth
    Ain’t nobody talk to her like me and she from da south!
    She call me a playa, like i just talk to fuck
    I say, bitch! I got a dick like Kobe and brains like some guy from Laos!

1. blushing barnard says:

@blushing barnard please marry me.

• Please sign the petition to reform Bacchanal says:

@Please sign the petition to reform Bacchanal http://www.wtfcolumbia.com/a/dtd/Reform-Bacchanal-with-a-focus-on-increased-transparency/405332-22026

@Anonymous this just proves that the bacchanal committee is a bunch of white people who don’t know good music.

@Anonymous This is like the definition of a racist comment.
      Also, they’re hardly all white.
      Also, you’re an asshole.

1. omg says:

@omg racism against white people is not a real thing, white person that wrote this

@Anonymous 1. Racism against white people is a thing.
          2. The post above claiming racism is true.
          3. The original post claiming that white people don’t know good music is also true.
          4. Ergo, in this case, racism=truth.

• bwog says:

@bwog You guys are dicks- no need to go over the bacchanal committee ‘s head like that. You definitely were stuffed into lockers in high-school.

1. uhh says:

@uhh If anyone was shoved into lockers, it was probs bacchanal committee.

1. lol says:

@lol I’m rubber, you’re glue

• FLOSSSS says:

@FLOSSSS yusss

@Anonymous Not that into Macklemore, but Floss will kill it. So ready to rage

@Anonymous I’m not even pissed that it’s Macklemore. I’m pissed that the one 100% fun day of the year is going to be OVER BY 2 PM. Jesus fucking Christ, Bacchanal, just book another artist if there’s a scheduling conflict. The artist doesn’t matter anyway, just people having a good time for as long as possible.

1. REDBULL TRUCK says:

@REDBULL TRUCK will play the after-party on college walk to 4pm. Enough time to boot and rally.

@Anonymous dis shits so early SEAS seniors will have time to go before takin the FE

• Alum says:

@Alum Yessss my ID doesn’t expire til 2015

@Anonymous Whatever. People need to stop bitching. It’s a free concert, just enjoy it while we can. I’m excited!

@Anonymous not “free”, last i checked i (and all other current undergrads) was paying for it out of my student life fee. so, i’d say transparency is necessary.

• guys says:

@guys fuck waking up for macklemore, save your strength for flosstradamus youll need all that energy while youre trapping your fucking brains out

• Robert says:

@Robert so no Bow wow?
    damm..

• @Night Trevors / Operator Beats

TIME TO GET LIVE IN THIS PIECE, COLUMBIA!!!!!

CHECK THE MORNINGSIDERS X FLOSSTRADAMUS “LIGHTNING” REMIX

SHOUT TO COLUMBIA’S FINEST, THE MORNINGSIDERS

— Charlie and Trevor

@Anonymous Return of the Mack! Get it what it is what it does what it is what it isn’t, looking for a better way to get up outta bed instead of ….

• Gawdamn says:

@Gawdamn this lineup is just terrible. I’ll take Das Racist drunk off their asses again for 3 hours over this shit.

• Lubeen says:

@Lubeen How early should one have to start drinking in order to prepare for an 11am Bacchanal?

@Anonymous Morningsiders perform at 11 so you dont have to be ready until at least 11:30/12

• yea and says:

@yea and cornell got KENDRICK EFFIN’ LAMAR

1. anon says:

@anon can you believe some sophomore complained they wanted “someone more famous”?

2. :( says:

@:( Kendrick Lamar > Macklemore

• It's simple really says:

@It's simple really Just sleep in and pregame for Floss. Hoodie Boyz are gonna kill it.

• Van Owen says:

@Van Owen Yo, Snoop Dogg was the shit.

• relevant says:

@relevant man gets penis drawn on face, beats shit out of roommate, gets mugshot taken with penis still on face:

i mean….LOL

@Anonymous I’m rubber, you’re glue…

• Choppa says:

@Choppa Worst Bacchanal ever…there are so many better artists who probably could’ve been gotten for cheaper too

@Anonymous Finally see an office with a mounted sign, read it out loud, PRESIDENT

1. Not even says:

@Not even the right lyrics

@Anonymous (Bachannal will be) alive and like musical (it won’t) feel like someone died (and won’t have) the vibe of a funeral

• Prezbo says:

@Prezbo This completely screws over Holi in the morning. What the hell bacchanal committee. The best day of the year now turns to shit. White people always get there way. Viva Chavez

• hong yi says:

@hong yi bitter herbs are the best herbs

• Not says:

@Not not even the right lyrics

• "Class Project" says:

@"Class Project" Song: “Class Project”
    Artist: lil’ Carman
    Label: Columbia Records

Yo yo, shoutout to ma nerds, bolli-boi, and dean hubs!
    Let me tell ya this story of me and this J.A.P.
    We co-co-collaborate in our class praaaaah-jeeeect
    The lil cutie say what you got in mind, mr. goy?

Wellll, I unzip my jeans and show ma nuts
    She drop her mouth, drop her cigarette butt
    That’s right bitch, this is how we do em time series optimi-zaaation
    I can tell she a tight pussy and she ain’t even aaaaaaaaasiaan.

She yell at me like “Not in Butler!”
    I say bitch I’m from the streets, I aint white enough to be a buuuuuuuutler
    “Streets like the bronnnnnnnx?”
    No, fuckin Wall Street, bitch. See me go loooooooong.

Next day, we turn in our projeeeeeeeect
    Our TA got a small dick like a hooooooooobbit
    Gives us 98 Gs, I call that an Aaaaaaaa-plus
    My J.A.P. partner starts to droooooooop it
    we on the dance floor till da morrrrrrrrrnin’
    celebrating and fuckin like a proooooooophet
    tellin prophecies to a prooooooooospeh

1. wow says:

@wow ok cool thanks

• "Kent Hall" says:

@"Kent Hall" Song: “Kent Hall”
    Artist: The College Walkers
    Label: Columbia Records

Standin in the white folk line in Keeeeeeeent Hall,
    for a new ID,
    and in front of me,
    this cute prospie

I say How old you are, lil craaaazy?
    She say I just turn eiiiiiiiiighteen
    Oh you lookin to go here, maaaaaaaybe?
    She say she just visitin campus and just hooooooooooping

Then she say the darrrrrrn’est thing,
    Ask me how the social life hurr,
    Do students frequently do maaaaating?
    Errrbody in Kent Hall turn and look liike whar she from? who she is?

She says she international – from beerrrrrrrlin,
    I say damn bitch, I can make you cum but I aint no merrrrrrrrlin
    She say nothin to ‘fraid of cause she a freak of freaaaaakin
    So she strip right thurr in the middle of the —-

I aint wait, i fuck her right hurr, in the middla kent hall
    i aint wait, i fucked the prospie in the middla kent hall

she yell where this place?
    i say, keeeeeeeent hall!
    she say fuck me harder so i give her my all
    i aint wait, i fucked the prospie in the middla kent hall

my girlfriend, she textin me like “where u at?”
    i say im fuckin this prospie like a kitty cat
    she say she proud and “yea but where u at?”
    i say i fuckin this prospie in keeeeeeeent hall

i aint wait, i fucked the prospie in the middla kent hall

prez-boll got me on da speeeeeeeeeed dial
    he ring me up like “where u at?”
    i say im fuckin this prospie like a kitty cat
    he say nice bro, “but where u at?”
    i say i fuckin this prospie in keeeeeeeent hall

i aint wait, i fucked the prospie in the middla kent hall

dean hubbard up in da beeeeeeeee-school
    got my mba interview with him like weeeeeeee cool,
    call me up like “u late for interview, where u aaaaaaaat?”
    i say im fuckin this prospie like a kitty cat

i aint wait, i fucked the prospie in the middla kent hall

i aint wait, i fucked the prospie in the middla kent hall

i aint wait, i fucked the prospie in the middla kent hall

1. great says:

@great thanks

• senior says:

@senior It’s Macklemore? Fuck, does anyone have doses?

• SEAS '13 says:

@SEAS '13 SO EXCITED *flails*

• Columbia students are little bitches says:

@Columbia students are little bitches Columbia University invites one of the most famous artists of our time to come perform a PRIVATE SHOW for us on campus> Cu students whine that it’s at 11 am. Fuck you bitches, i just can’t wait for Macklemore mehn! And I say that as a black kid who likes his rhymes.

@Anonymous “one of the most famous artists of our time”

you mean one-hit wonder, right?

1. Columbia students are little bitches says:

@Columbia students are little bitches lol . Who would you rather? Some hipster musician so busy being referential that half the class doesn’t even like/know what his references mean? Stop whining lil bitch.

@Anonymous no. There are 18 songs on The Heist, 7 on The VS. EP, and Macklemore put out at least two other EPs before Verses. And 90% of those songs are insanely amazing.

1. aaaaaanddd..... says:

@aaaaaanddd..... nobody knows of 100% of those songs.

did my research since you whipped out the percentages.

• BC '15 says:

@BC '15 So does this mean drunk Holi? That’s got to be scary.

1. CC '15 says:

@CC '15 Wait, was it not already?

• oh well says:

@oh well at least WBAR is bringing Le1f

@Anonymous This is going to be the best concert ever

• CC 16 says:

@CC 16 He’s the headliner at Yale Spring Fling as well.

@Anonymous bacchanal should step it up in terms of promotion. check out yale’s spring fling website. enough said.

• peacegirl says:

@peacegirl sooo many haters. what’s up y’all, relax, be glad we’re lucky and wealthy enough to have anyone come, jeez…so spoiled

• peacegirl says:

@peacegirl also what’s up with the attitude with one another? the swearing? what? get a grip.

• peacegirl says:

@peacegirl i vote for sean paul next year lol