Screening the Majors
Written by Bwog Staff
CC major declaration is around the corner (March 10-13th), which means that this is a grand time for sophomores to watch all of their friends oscillate between English, Anthropology, Art History, and that Stats degree their dad’s friend from high school thought they should get—only to end up declaring Political Science or Econ, of course. Don’t know what to declare? Still believe that your undergraduate, liberal arts major has any relevance to your future career? The answer to your BA might be right under your fingertips. We mean that literally if you’re holding a smartphone. Features editor and app enthusiast Alexander Pines brings you five different smartphones that correlate to fix general majors (emphasis on general and chosen basically at random/whatever seemed easiest. He would have done more, but there are only so many iPhones one can draw in a lifetime without losing it), and it’s up to you to guess which phone goes with which major. Have fun.
- A: Computer Science. Gotta love the higher user control over an Android phone.
- B: Creative Writing/English. Note the Tumblr app. And the coffee app. ’nuff said.
- C: Political Science. No one but a politician would carry a CrackBerry in 2014.
- D: Economics. Spot the Gulati reference if you can.
- E: Pre-med/some sort of science. Bwog doesn’t know enough about science to put real apps for this. We just used Google.
Tags: bwog almost put tinder on one of these guess which one, bwog sometimes feels like going to Columbia means enduring a neverending series of applications, cc, does this count as a game?, games...on Bwog!, if you don't get the crackberry one you haven't been watching enough house of cards, iOS 7 does kind of suck though, iphone 5s or bust, major declaration yay, sorry SEAS we couldn't find a witty way to talk about chem vs mech-e