Barnard Housing Review: 600 W. 116th St
Written by Bwog Staff
Housing approacheth. And, unless you’re on top of it, it’s probably coming up sooner than you think. Bwog’s got you covered; we’ll be rolling out two housing reviews per day until no residence hall is left un-reviewed. Prepare to get (even more) excited: this year, we’re reviewing Barnard residence halls, too. Reviews for all! Today’s residence hall is… 600!
Location: 600 W. 116th Street
- Nearby dorms: 616, 620, Barnard Quad, Furnald
- Stores and restaurants: Morton Williams, Ollie’s, Ivy League Stationers
- $9,800 for a single (same as all Barnard dorms)
- $8,450 for a double or triple (same as all Barnard dorms)
- Bathrooms: Each suite has its own bathroom, some may have an additional private bathroom
- AC/Heating: No AC. Heaters very warm.
- Kitchen/Lounge: Every suite has a sink, gas stove/oven, and refrigerator
- Laundry: In 2nd Floor lounge
- Computers/Printers: In 616, a few buildings down.
- Gym: N/A
- Intra-transportation: 2 elevators, stairs.
- Wi-Fi: Yes.
- Hardwood/Carpet: Hardwood.
- All doubles except for RA suites.
- Mostly 3 doubles, but a few one double with a big common space.
- Sophomores and Juniors
- Beautiful rooms. The walls often have crown molding, and in most suites the wood floors are very nice.
- The spaces are big, and most people go for the suites at the front first, F suites are completely air-shafted unless you’re on the 10th-12th floor.
- Great for sophomore and even junior year, but you’ll probably want singles your senior year, though chances are the rooms won’t be as pretty.
- “Pretty quiet most of the time, but that could be because it’s so big.”
- “The normal residents living there are friendly!”
- “The recently redone bathrooms are really nice and feel clean.”
- “600 is great for dinner parties…but it takes forever to sign in anyone on Shabbat.”
- “The elevators are really slow, and the stairs are narrow and steep, but the kitchens are nice.”
Outside shot complete with artistically arranged bike via Barnard