Location: 508 W 114th St. (between Broadway and Amsterdam, right next to Amsterdam)
- Nearby dorms: John Jay, Carman, Frat Row
- Stores and restaurants: Hamilton Deli, Strokos, Artopolis, 1020, Hungarian
Cost: standardized to $9,292/year
- Bathrooms: One or two in each suite, with a counter and sink, toilet, and shower.
- AC/Heating: There is heating, but no AC.
- Kitchen: One in each suite, but it’s not very big.
- Lounge: There is a basement lounge and a study room.
- Laundry: In the basement.
- Computers/Printers: There is a printer in the lobby.
- Fire escapes: There are fire escapes, but you aren’t allowed to go on them, and this rule seems to be enforced.
- Bike Storage: There is bike storage in the basement.
- Gym: There is work out equipment in the basement.
- Intra-Transportation: There are treacherously spiraling stairs and one elevator.
- Hardwood/Carpet: No carpet. The rooms have hardwood floors and there are tiles and linoleum in the rest of the building.
- Wifi: The usual CUIT wifi.
- Bonus: The proximity to JJ’s (and the rest of campus) is a plus.
- There are 4 suites on each floor, which are 4, 6, or 8 person suites.
- Singles: 82 singles, ranging from 85 sq. ft. (8 person suites) to 175 sq. ft. (4 person suites).
- Doubles: 59 doubles, ranging from 170 sq. ft. to 200 sq. ft.
- 2 in 4 person suites with RA 2016 cutoff: 30/2557, 2015 cutoff: 30/1126
- 3 in 4 person suites with RA 2016 cutoff: 30/2083, 2015 cutoff: 30/694
- 4 person suites 2016 cutoff: 30/1870, 2015 cutoff: 30/2743
- 6 person suites 2016 cutoff: 23.33/2295, 2015 cutoff: 20/1166
- 8 person suites 2016 cutoff 20/2573, 2015 cutoff: 20/2279
Ruggles is a nice dorm for juniors and seniors who are looking for an apartment-style living space that’s close to campus. The suites are ideal for parties, which can be good or bad; good if you want to throw parties in your suite, bad if you are looking for quiet weekends. It’s also right next to frat row, which can get loud on the weekends. But for the most part, the suites are intimate and nice, and if you are a group of rising juniors you have a very good chance of getting an 8 person suite and a decent chance at a 6 person suite, and if you are a group of rising seniors you have a very good chance at a 4 person suite.
- “Soundproofing is pretty good if you aren’t facing the air shaft.”
- “Suite style is super nice, rooms are a decent size and big windows are a huge plus.”
- “We have work out equipment in the basement, and the basement study room and lounge are pretty nice.”
- “Weekends can be really noisy and really messy.”
- “If you’re a senior, then you’re surrounded by juniors, which is fine but you don’t connect as well with the community.”
- “It sometimes feels like there’s a fight for the laundry machines because they are constantly in use.”
Ezra Koenig sex candy via Tumblr