Looking for a nice, quiet living space on Riverside Drive that isn’t St. A’s? Look no further than Woodbridge.
Location: 431 Riverside Dr.
- Nearby dorms: St. A’s, Schapiro, the 600s
- Stores and restaurants: M2M, Morton William’s, Vine, a halal cart
Cost: standardized to $9,292/year
- Bathrooms: One in each suite/apartment/whatever you wanna call it, with a sink, toilet, and a bathtub.
- AC/Heating: There is heating, but no AC.
- Kitchen: One in each suite.
- Lounge: There isn’t a lounge that serves as a common space for the building, but each suite has a common area that may be turned into a second bedroom of sorts.
- Laundry: In the basement.
- Computers/Printers: There is a printer in the lobby.
- Fire escapes: None.
- Bike Storage: None.
- Gym: There is a fitness room on the first floor.
- Intra-Transportation: There are stairs, and one very slow elevator.
- Hardwood/Carpet: The kitchens have linoleum floors, and the rest of the suite has that ugly dorm carpet. Some renovated suites have hardwood floors.
- Wifi: The usual CUIT wifi.
- Bonus: It’s right next to Riverside Park, which means lots of puppers around.
- There are 6 singles and 78 doubles.
- Housing divides the suites into high demand, low demand, and medium demand lines for lottery purposes.
- High demand: H, K, C lines. H and C suites face Riverside Park, and the higher level suites have a very good view of the river. K suites are on the other corner of the building facing 114th.
- Low demand: G, D, I lines. G and D suites are shaft suites, and I suites face 114th.
- Medium demand: All the rest.
- High demand suites 2016 cutoff: 30/2892, 2015 cutoff: 30/2103
- Medium demand suites 2016 cutoff: 20/752, 2015 cutoff: 20/522
- Low demand suites 2016 cutoff: 20/2507, 2015 cutoff: 20/1607
Woodbridge suites are really nice because you and one other roommate have a full kitchen and a bathroom to yourselves. If you are a rising senior, you also have a good chance at getting a suite with a gorgeous view. If you don’t want to live in a suite with a lot of people and want an apartment-style living experience, Woodbridge is perfect. However, you need to make a few sacrifices: there is an atrocious wind tunnel between Broadway and Riverside, and you have to walk uphill to campus. The single, slow elevator can be frustrating if you live on the higher floors.
- “Best view of Jersey this side of the Hudson.”
- “The sunsets are lit.”
- “The ceilings are high and so are the residents.”
- “The heat is always too high when it’s on.”
- “I can hear the St A’s parties through my wall.”
- “The views, big kitchen, bathtub, and real apartment feeling make me happy.”
- “The fugly carpets, erratic radiators, and slow elevator make me not happy.”