This was the second to last weekend of the semester, friends. And since most people will probably be spending this upcoming weekend packed in Butler, you might as well say it’s the last… RIP. Check out what everyone was up to.
Peaceful, Artsy, Wholesome:
- Went gallery hopping in Chelsea with the goal of getting onto as many rooftops as possible.
- Went on a date with a boy all my friends thought was catfishing me. Turns out he’s real. And actually great! Take that, Nev Schulman.
- Had an impromptu writing conference at the Met.
- Went on a long journey with a timpani. (It was only from Riverside Park to Lerner, but it felt much longer.)
- Was walking through while in South Williamsburg in a very Jewish neighborhood when a Hasidic man in full sabbath garb (including a huge fur hat) literally sprinted across the street to talk to us. He had locked himself out and the only way he could get back into his apartment was through the elevator which he couldn’t use because of it was Saturday. His six young daughters seemed shocked by how little clothing me and my friend were wearing (it was 85˚F), but the man was ecstatic to find probably the only non-jewish people in a six block radius to help him. To thank us he gave us tons of snacks and chips and stuff. And thus I learned the value of having an open mind and heart.
- Went to Mitski concert. Got high after and walked through the streets of Brooklyn singing “First Love, Late Spring.”
- Went to Coney Island.
- Also went to Mitski concert. Cried.
- Went to the beach.
- Went home for the weekend and let my mother take care of me like a big baby.
- Spent Friday night sober.
- Quit smoking weed. Well, at least until my drug test.
- Saw my very own choreography come to life on stage for the first time. Incredibly rewarding.
Only a wee bit messy (alright, maybe more):
- Verbally abused a Varsity Show member on the street because of my disappointment in the quality of the show.
- Cried on SO many trains because I was feeling dramatic and trains are the best place to cry.
- Passed out from a mix of allergy meds and Xanax. Woke up on my couch naked with a Luna Bar.
- Danced with the owner of a bar downtown and got an uncountable number of free drinks.
- Got drunk and went to KCST Presents: As You Like It and had my first utterly enjoyable “up past 3 am” night of the year.
- Got drunk incredibly quickly and tried to take my shirt off in Broadway after sweating profusely in Sig Ep.
- Engaged in more drunk texting in one night than the rest of my almost two years at CU put together.
- Obtained a Beta Theta Pi sweatshirt.
- Met a Mexican tourist on his gap year at Mel’s, made out with him aggressively next to Alma, went to Times Square at 3 am with him, essentially ended up leaving him stranded there alone at 5:30 am with two bucks in his wallet and a dead phone and not knowing where his friend is.
- Fretted over a boy, but went to Ruggles and drank wine and felt better.
- Accidentally got on a bus going towards LaGuardia from Harlem instead of towards Columbia right as my phone died, ended up so lost in Queens that I had to take a cab home.
- Complained about it being too hot to sleep, but took a three hour nap anyways.
- Went to Maison Pickle to mourn the loss of Jacob’s Pickles and managed to get drunk on 2 cocktails.
- Racked up a $35 tab at 1020 all on my own.
- Didn’t start any of my homework until 9 pm on Sunday.
Image via Alma Veggie