New York City is packed with amazing culture and inspiring art, but sometimes it’s difficult to break the Morningside-bubble and experience it all first-hand. “Where Art Thou” is a weekly guide to interesting and notable lectures, events, and performances for the literary/musically/theatrically-inclined on campus.
- This Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, check out NOMADS’ production of Cold Whole Milk, a play written and directed by Sarah Billings (BC’18). Read more about the show and buy your tickets on their Facebook event page!
- On Saturday night, OPS (Organization of Pakistani Students) is hosting Chamak: Pakistan in Bloom, a fashion show celebrating the beauty and intricacy of South Asian fashion. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased this week on the Lerner ramps or with this link!
- If you’re lucky enough to not have class in the middle of the day on Wednesday, head on over to Faculty House from 1 to 2pm for Mid-Day Music, a series by the Columbia Music Performance Program. This week, Annie Nikunen (BC ’20) will be playing the flute. Find more info here!
- While this is an on-campus group, this Friday night they’ll be performing off campus! Check out Columbia Kingsmen performing at Radio City Music Hall on Friday at 7:30. Tickets can be purchased from their Facebook event ($30 for students, $60 for non-students)!
- This Friday night from 8 to 10pm the Columbia Ballet Cooperative is performing at the Manhattan Movement and Arts Center! You can check out their Facebook event here. 2017 marks 10 years since CBC was created, so come celebrate their anniversary and enjoy some beautiful ballet!
Image thanks to the NOMADS event page