What Could We Buy If We Reduced PrezBo’s Salary?
Internal editor Zoe Sottile is hoping to get something special in her stocking this year… looking at you, PrezBo.
According to the Chronicle of Higher Education, in 2016, our beloved and mysterious Prezbo made a cool $3,927,961. Meanwhile, Peter Salovey, the president of Yale, made a comparatively frugal $1,282,777. Bwog set out to figure out what exactly we could buy with the $2,645,184 difference.
- 529,036 jumbo slices from Koronet’s
- 188,942 Columbia dining meal swipes
- around 3,306 Canada Goose coats – almost enough for all CC undergrads!
- full tuition at Columbia for around 50 students
- 285,041 copies of The Iliad (Lattimore edition, don’t worry)
- 25,434 ACTUAL geese (from Wal-Mart)
- 16,636 pairs of AirPods
- around 15 houses in Texas (based on the average market price)
- almost 5 human livers via the black market
- 326,969 double ShackBurgers from Shake Shack
- 6,612 pairs of Yeezy Boosts (enough for all undergrads to have a pair!)
- enough of my anti-depressants to last me over 474 years (without insurance!)
- 21 genuine (and illegal) tiger skin rugs
- the cost of housing for 314 rowdy Carman residents
- 26 years of treatment for the average cancer patient (circa 2012)
- 661, 296 mango Juul pods (enough for your average fraternity formal)
Image via Wikimedia Commons.
Correction: December 18, 2018
An earlier version of this article misstated that the above salary figures are from 2017. They are from 2016.