The Columbia Package Center: Flawed But Lovable
Sometimes Senior Staff Writer Abby Rubel thinks it would be a good idea to move to Barbados rather than deal with the Columbia package center. But on the other hand, it’s so much better than it used to be! She debates the pros and cons below.
- MUCH faster than it was before it moved to Wien. No one misses standing in a long line in Lerner, only to be told you have to go to stand in a long line at Carmen.
- They’re sponsored by some kind of seltzer now? All the mouse pads are branded.
- The people there are amazingly nice and super efficient.
- Gives me an excuse to pass Hamilton Deli.
- Always getting another package notification right after leaving.
- The packages get delivered promptly, but the mail does not. It takes months for letters to get through the system. Personally, I have started having people send mail to my Barnard friends or my boyfriend rather than risk the Columbia mail system.
- It’s always crowded at 4 pm. Obviously it’s the most convenient time to go, but you’d think people would try to go at a less crowded time.
- The switch from Lerner to Wien was generally great, but now I have a useless mailbox key from freshman year.
Photo via Bwog Archives