Is 1020 Really The Best Student Bar In New York City?
We’ve all seen the sign, and we’re just as shocked as you…
After a five hour train ride, killing two cockroaches and not really unpacking my luggage, the last thing I expected to see was this sign that proclaimed 1020 as the Best Student Bar in NYC. (To be honest, the last thing I expected was to be swept up to 1020 on my first night back, but we don’t talk about that. I questioned this title even further when I went to the bathroom and saw actual vomit inside the sink. Whether you like 1020 or not, here is what Bwog staff and one disgruntled NYU friend of mine as to say about this matter, when I asked them are you really, really sure this is the best the greatest city on earth has to offer?
- I feel like that’s a lie.
- How dare you question the integrity of this establishment.
- It’s objectively one of the worst students bars in New York but that’s what makes it SO GOOD.
- You know, I’d definitely agree—if not for that one time during the summer when they showed ISIS clips on the projector.
- To which I responded: um.
- “In my/1020s defense I’m not really a bar person (and also a baby) so I’ve only been there like twice”
- They don’t even serve food and being a student bar is not a justification for the appalling lack of hygiene in the bathrooms.
- One Bwog staffer pointed out that apparently, they do let you bring food, and she has once brought an entire Koronet’s pie in there.
- The NYU opinion:
- “Why are you asking me, I don’t even have a fake”