Senior Staff Writer Henry Golub received a bad lottery number. He reviews the dorm he will likely wind up in.
Location: 70,000 West 10th Street
- Dorms Nearby: Staten Island Ferry
- Restaurants: I went to a Brazilian restaurant around here once.
- Convenient access to Zoom.
Cost: Long walks to class.
- Bathrooms: Yes, but not private.
- AC/Heat: Only heat. You feel it?
- Kitchen: No.
- Lounge: Probably not.
- Laundry Rooms: Yes, but only two laundry machines. No working dryers.
- Computers/Printers: You can bring a laptop.
- Gym: No, but according to the New York Exercise Authority, running to and from Dodge is a half marathon.
- Transportation: I think there’s a bus that stops there?
Room Varieties: Either 90 sq. ft. singles or 150 sq. ft. doubles with randomly assigned roommates. No sunlight in half of the rooms.
Last Year’s Lottery Numbers:
“This is like the McBain shaft, but without a Junzi nearby.”
“I dislike the Soviet architecture.”
“This is a disappointing place to shelter in place.”
“The last time I went to campus was during the tree lighting ceremony.”
“Not too many mice. Can’t complain.”
“Sometimes, if it’s quiet enough, you can hear New Jersey.”
If you like Carlton Arms, this is like Carlton Arms on difficult mode.
The Building via Wikimedia Commons
The Building Part Two: The Return via Wikimedia Commons