Some say Halloween is canceled, some say it’s not. Either way, Bwog is here with some suggestions to celebrate the season – beyond the classic jack-o-lanterns and ghosts.
Fall is more than Halloween parties and trick-or-treating, and these days it’s more essential than ever to remind ourselves of the fun we can have right in our own homes. So get cozy and comfy and settle in for some tips to get festive this fall!
- Bake a pie! Apple! Pumpkin! Sweet potato? Pretend you’re on The Great British Bake Off and hone those baking skills. Pack up a few slices of pie in some Tupperware and drop them off at a friend’s house! Share a (socially distanced) treat! You can be Star Baker too!
- Movie marathon! Cuddle up on the couch with a cup of hot cocoa or your favorite tea and binge the Disney back-catalog of Halloween movies! Horror movies are great, but sometimes you just want to watch Tia and Tamera Mowry walk through fantastical doors and perform amazing magic in Twitches and not have to worry about something jumping out at you every five minutes.
- Learn how to turn all of your favorite food and drinks into pumpkin spice versions! Did you learn to make Dalgona coffee during quarantine? Do you love pumpkin spice? Why not both?!
- Learn a new skill! What’s cozier than yarn?? Learn to knit or crochet, and make soft scarves, sweaters, blankets, toys, and more for your friends and family! Free patterns and tutorials are abundant online!
- Start a new TV show! I find there’s nothing more ~fall~ than sheltering from the cold under the covers and watching five hours of Netflix without even realizing how much time has passed.
- Make a new playlist! There’s nothing quite like creating the perfect playlist to fit your mood, your life, your environment, the weather – whatever makes your Spotify sing!
- Write a letter! Support the USPS! Who doesn’t love getting mail?? Wrap yourself in a sweater and imagine you’re narrating an old-timey movie about long lost lovers. Be dramatic. Be poetic. Write!
I hope you’ve enjoyed these ideas for a festive fall! Have a great break, and don’t forget to stay cozy!
Fall photo via Needpix