Help us stop re-using the same three stock images over and over!
Bwog loves pixelated stock images from 2006 as much as the next independent student news publication, but we think a visual upgrade could serve us well.
That’s where you come in.
Apply to be an Illustrator for Bwog! We have short satires and long news pieces being churned out, and we would love to feature your illustrations on our site. Your responsibilities would include coming to meetings (Sundays at 9 pm EST) and communicating with the editorial staff about which posts going up in the near future would benefit from the accompaniment of your illustrations. Oftentimes, our illustrators work in partnership with our staffers; the staffer might have a vision for a post and the illustrator brings that vision to life.
The application found below should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, January 26 at 11:59 pm EST in a PDF titled “*First Name* App.” We will have our first open meeting this Sunday, January 17 at 9 pm EST so you can get Bwog’s ~vibe~. The Zoom link will be posted to this Facebook page (or email us at email@example.com if you are unable to access the page for whatever reason so we can send you the meeting link).
- Why do you want to join Bwog?
- What do you think Bwog is?
- Are you familiar with the process of converting your art into a digital format?
- Provide up to three examples of your work.
- What kind of articles would you be most interested in illustrating for Bwog?
- Pick a student government organization that Bwog covers (GSSC, SGA, CCSC, or ESC). Using either words or quick thumbnail sketches, tell us about the header image you would create for one of these weekly articles (We don’t need anything complete! We just want to get a sense of what you might create.)
illustration for Albums That Defined Our Semester 6: Zoomin’ And Gloomin’ by one of Bwog’s Illustrators, Joyce Jiang