Housing selection is staying weird.
Today marked the eleventh day of Columbia housing, where we said goodbye to the possibility of living in a Broadway single, and the start of the Barnard 6-person lottery. There’s still plenty of places to live (including an EC suite), but here’s a summary of what happened today.
- All Broadway Singles
- All 47 Claremont 6-person suites
- Cathedral Gardens all singles and 4 singles, one double suites
- One 5-person suite in 47 Claremont
- Four corridor doubles and two 5-person suites in EC
- Four corridor doubles in Harmony
- Two 6-person suites in Plimpton
- One 6-person suite and six 8-person suites in Ruggles
- Ten 7-person suites in 47 Claremont
- A whole lot of corridor doubles in Nuss
- Plenty of corridor singles and doubles in Broadway, Furnald, Harmony, McBain, Schaprio, and Wien
There’s still a few EC suites left, which will likely be snatched up quickly by juniors, followed by the Ruggles suites. However, more corridor singles and fewer suites than expected were taken today, so sophomore groups with exceptional lottery can still hope for picking into a suite after junior selection ends on April 5.
There were only 2 all senior groups that entered the 6-person lottery, with a handful of all junior groups, and many all sophomore groups. All 57 groups with a lottery number today picked, leaving the remaining 39 groups to pick tomorrow. There are 22 6-person suites left, and with the remaining suites groups should decide who is doubling together.
Plimpton went SUPER fast. Last year the cutoff was 100/70 and this year it was 100/49. While there appears to be 5 more Plimpton suites in 2020 than 2021, it still ended up being much more popular. The 6-Person continues tomorrow with the 39 remaining groups choosing. The 3 suites with singles still open will most likely go more quickly and 600 and 110 will likely go last. After that, students who don’t pick have the option to enter the 123 Lottery. The deadline for group formation is 10 am EST on Monday, April 5th. The lottery will then commence from April 6th to April 9th and April 12th to April 13th.
Le Quad via Bwog Archives